Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother Canada Season 3

Big Brother Canada Season 3

Paging Gruno and anyone else who's interested in discussing BBCan, which starts tonight.

For any of the BB US fans who haven't seen the Canadian version, it's the same show with a different perspective. The Canadians tend to have a lot more fun and create a lot less drama than their US counterparts. But that doesn't mean that there isn't scheming and back-stabbing going on...we Canucks just have a lot more fun doing it!

I'm sure that Gruno can provide some links to watch this from the US.

Here's a little something to get you started. https://bigbrothercanada.globaltv.com/

PRESENT!!!!

Happy to see you. Hopefully we can get a few more folks interested.

I doubt it. I will post how to get the stream and live feeds, though. Evel Dick posted something about that, so I will screen cap and return soon...

Holy Crap Gruno. Just wait until you see this house! The design is awesome! That's all I'm going to say.

The house does look good. Just finished episode #1. I like that there are some older ones, albeit, late 30s and the early 40s gal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    The house does look good. Just finished episode #1. I like that there are some older ones, albeit, late 30s and the early 40s gal.
    All that was missing was Peart's Time Machine drum kit in the middle of the living room.

I'm not as impressed by the cast so far this season. I know it's early, but nobody has jumped out at me as very likable. And there aren't enough East Coasters. The East Coasters tend to be really fun and goofy. Think Jon and Alison from last season, or Emmett (Milkman) from S1.

Ok, makes sense. When they mention coasts, I have to try to remember to look that up.

I accidentally saw who was voted out last night. Ugh!!

The wrong choice was made IMO. She would have been interesting to keep around for a while.

Finally caught up… except for Sunday's show.

Each week I seem to hit one day where I watch all the epi's from the previous week. Now that I am caught up, my schedule is a bit more relaxed so I can view day-after once again.

My top so far is Kevin. I like his rogue attitude.

Of all the possible returning hopefuls, I think none of them will last. It was a good idea to have this (Twisto's) twist of a returning house member early in the season, but now I fear it is a waste because it was too early and the 1st couple of evicted guests never had time to fully gel and so much game has been played since then.

Well, I will give more recaps when they come to mind!

I agree with what you say about the returning houseguests. I know who it is, and I definately think that person will not last. I'm not a fan of the returning houseguest thing. Although it worked for Gary in BBCan 1...he went from returning houseguest to "should-have-been-the-winner" if not for Amber's buggered up vote. But that's the only time I can think of that the returning houseguest hasn't been quick to go. It just a waste of a week and an HOH when they get evicted a week or two later.

Watched Sunday's show. Damn, S-indy got in!!

I have been watching some of the twitter feeds and I do notice that they seem to alert too often that the feeds are down. I grabbed this image a week or two ago...

These (Twisto's) twists are taking away the feeds as they don't want the public to see before things air. That sucks.

Do they charge for the live feeds? Because I'd be really pissed off if that's true and I was paying for it.

I don't know. I haven't had a chance to check on them. Apparently there is footage of Zach and Ashleigh doing some interesting <ahem> things…

I don't know. I haven't had a chance to check on them. Apparently there is footage of Zach and Ashleigh doing some interesting <ahem> things…

I just went onto the live feed site to see if you had to pay. It doesn't look like it. But guess what? The feed is down. LOL! Here's the website, https://bigbrothercanada.globaltv.com/live

BB1.jpgBB2.jpg

Hah! Imagine that….!

What an eviction episode! Wow. Talk about dumbbell move being so cocky all week. I read that JP was going around acting so secure and plotting things for weeks ahead…. hah!

Well, I hope Kevin can rise and dominate now.

Yeah. A total dumbass move. Who volunteers to go on the block and then throws the Veto competition? He deserved to go just for that stupidity.

I have to say that I like how Sindy (with an S ) was rallying the house together. She might last longer back in the house than I thought. But she'll have to be careful about being perceived as playing too hard. That could get her in trouble.

S-indy did what she had to do, but she will be ousted very soon. They will remember why they wanted her out and rank that above her blowing up the Chop Shop, imo.

What's with these showmances happening more and more each year in the BB's and everywhere else? I know you probably do not watch The Real World on MTV, but it's almost as if the only purpose of the show is to find mates and hookups. I know we can get deeper and say it is a reflection of the 20-something's of the world (younger generation), but it still is frustrating that producers wish to use the 'sex sells' method with these shows.

S-indy did what she had to do, but she will be ousted very soon. They will remember why they wanted her out and rank that above her blowing up the Chop Shop, imo.

What's with these showmances happening more and more each year in the BB's and everywhere else? I know you probably do not watch The Real World on MTV, but it's almost as if the only purpose of the show is to find mates and hookups. I know we can get deeper and say it is a reflection of the 20-something's of the world (younger generation), but it still is frustrating that producers wish to use the 'sex sells' method with these shows.
    I agree. It seems to me that some of the people in the house this season went in with the purpose of finding a showmance. They seem much less organic than in previous seasons.

I also don't really like this cast. They seem very ordinary. The first two seasons of BBCan seemed to have had a much more Canadian flavour. I don't know if it's intentional, but I feel like I could be watching the US version. I mean, where are the Newfies? Where is Marsha the Moose? Where are the hot-tub-while-it's-snowing-scenes? Where are the Canadian characters, I mean, would someone like Gary Glitter have been as easily accepted in the U.S. version? I don't know whether you're able to see it or not, but I feel like the Canadian flavour has been removed. The only thing Canadian in this series is that the Steam Punk theme reminds me of Rush. I'm not having as much fun watching as I did the past two seasons. I hope it gets better.

Oh, we notice the flavo(u)r of Canada is somewhat removed. I am sure Marsha will appear in some form down the line. The cast is pretty dull. I am at least glad that BBCanada attempts different twists and challenges over the U.S. version.

Do you ever think we will see a U.S./Canada season?

Do you ever think we will see a U.S./Canada season?
    That could be interesting. You would be starting with two very distinct alliances, Americans vs. Canadians, but I wonder how long that would last before people starting flipping sides?

Also, some have become friends from doing conventions and fan expos.

Triple eviction tonight? Woah!! I still need to watch the last episode, but will do so today.