Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lp with one strong side, other poo

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Funny, to me it's 2112 itself that's "average". I certainly don't think it's as good as Fountain Of Lamneth or Hemispheres.
    2112 begins and ends so incredibly strongly that one tends to forget how draggy it gets in the middle. The edited version they eventually started playing was quite strong.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    MELODY French prog cos one side isn't the group Melody at all!
    You got the fabled mis-press with Mahogany Brain on one side?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Genesis' Abacab is the ultimate example for me. The first side shows a lot of promise in how they handle the New Wave genre. The second side doesn't. I'm not even fond of "Dodo/Lurker," though it's not horrible, and is mostly just tarred because I know what comes after it.
    That’s what immediately popped into my head, too. The A-side had me hopeful that it might turn out to be an even stronger album than Duke. The B-side is where this band completely ran out of steam.

ELP’s Tarkus also comes to mind. The A-side of my old vinyl copy was well-worn, while the flip was pristine.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

But Dodo/Lurker is the best song on the album after the title cut! In fact, those are the only two songs I like, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    Rush - 2112 is close. I like "Passage to Bangkok" opening side 2 but I could easily turn the album off at that point.
    Yep, that was the first one that (instantly) popped into my head.
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold