Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charity single Hackett/Beggs/ Reed/Longdon/Booth/Nick_D'Virgilio

Charity single Hackett/Beggs/ Reed/Longdon/Booth/Nick_D'Virgilio

The Esoteric Antenna label is pleased to release and support the new EP in aid of the Parkinson’s Society UK, “SPECTRAL MORNINGS 2015”. The project was the brainchild of ROB REED (of Magenta & Kompendium) who explains; “I’ve always loved the piece Spectral Mornings by Steve Hackett, (the classic instrumental from his 1979 album of the same name). It had a great guitar melody and thought it would be amazing to re-record with the addition of some lyrics. I contacted David Longdon from Big Big Train who I wanted to sing it. David wrote the lyrics and we did a demo, which sounded fantastic. I also had the idea of it being a duet, so we asked Christina Booth from my band Magenta to sing it. We then had to play the demo to Steve Hackett to make sure he liked it, which thankfully he did. He kindly agreed to play guitar on the track, which was wonderful. I really think we have been respectful to the original piece and hopefully brought something new to it as well”.
    Rob adds; “We were also lucky to have one of the best rhythm sections to play on the song, namely Nick Beggs on bass (of Steven Wilson’s band) and Nick D’Virgilio on drums (from Spock’s Beard). As it was a one off project we really wanted the proceeds form the sales to go to a charity. Myself, Christina and Steve Hackett have all lost close family members to Parkinson’s disease, so we decided to donate all the proceeds to Parkinson’s Society UK, who are funding research into a cure for this terrible affliction."

We are delighted to be involved with a track in aid of such a great cause and I do hope lots of you will support this release as it will be available both as a physical CD single and on download. We think its sounds great too. Release date April 27th and I will be adding the order links in the next few days.

Excellent - looking forward to this!
    What if the Hokey Cokey really IS what it's all about?

Wow. This could be awesome. Hopefully they all hit it off and will do more!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Cool! Knowing Rob, there will be some worthwhile additional mixes or other tracks to round out the EP. A must have.

Wow

Looking forward to hearing this.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Cool! Possibly my favourite Steve Hackett track. Can't wait to hear this new version.

^^^^ Ditto!!

Nice! Hackett revisited is not a bad thing. Especially with that line-up. I always will support Steve for never abandoning his love of prog and the classic music of the prog Genesis. He's always been the most down to Earth and coolest member of the old band.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

This sounds too good to be true, could it possibly live up to my rampant expectations? In any event, great idea from Rob Reed and it sounds like the proceeds are going to a great cause.

Wonderful idea. I'll buy 5 copies just to support the cause. Really looking forward to hearing this. Love Spectral Mornings.

wow-thank you. Im hoping one of the nice mail order guys in the USA will hop in for some of these too as I know it can be expensive to ship individually to purchasers the USA, especially on a lower priced item than a normal CD and I would really like some to buy the physical edition, as it will simply make more money for the charity.

This is great. Love Steve and Spectral Mornings and my Mom had Parkinson's so this speaks to me big time.

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=5026

Hi guys

Here is the pre-order link for the charity single . This is for the physical EP--downlaod link wont be available for a couple of weeks

Brilliant!

Done!
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Pleased to say this is released today!! in both digital and physical form. Lets raise some good money for a great cause!!

Awesome! I didn't know what to expect from this but it's feckin' brillliant!

Shame there's not an option to overpay (a la Bandcamp) - I'd have no problem dropping a few quid over the asking price for this.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTed View Post
    Awesome! I didn't know what to expect from this but it's feckin' brillliant!

Shame there's not an option to overpay (a la Bandcamp) - I'd have no problem dropping a few quid over the asking price for this.
    You can always buy two.

Quote Originally Posted by kris View Post
    You can always buy two.
    Good point!

Just received today and listening right now. Great job. Wasn't sure how this would work with vocals but recommend to anyone who enjoys Steve's music

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Rob needs to release several more singles so that then he can release a one disc compilation of his various singles. I know some of us have them, but some people have missed them or don't care about the alternative tracks, but they're actually pretty good.

I didn't know what to expect either but that song just gave me goosebumps listening to it. Very cool of Hackett to offer up his song to be done over in such a way. Really, I applaud everyone involved in this effort especially since its all for charity.

Wow that is so good---it's sick! Amazing Hackett---and why not let that guy sing on all your records!!!