Thread: Touchstone

Touchstone

Don't think the press release below has made it onto Progears, so thought I'd post it. I'm disappointed to hear this news. Touchstone for me were one of the leading lights of "mainstream/ crossover" prog and I believe have played a key role in the resurrgence of the prog movement in recent times and deserve due recognition. Along the way they released some great music and haven seen them live several times they put on a great show. I'm glad I'm off to HRH prog this weekend to see their last show.

======================================

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Hello fellow Touchstoners…here follows a short statement from the band:

It is with regret that we announce the departure of Kim Seviour from Touchstone.

Kim has decided to leave due to ongoing medical issues. Here are a few words from her…"I'm sure that this will come as a shock to many people, and for that I'm very sorry. As many of you will know, I've dealt with a health condition, M.E for the last five years of being in Touchstone. The condition and the lifestyle changes that it has resulted in, including a move cross-country, have made it impossible for me to commit to Touchstone in the way that it truly deserves. I need to take time to concentrate on my health and getting myself back to peak condition. Who knows what lies ahead after. I love my boys to bits and we've shared many amazing adventures, which would have been impossible without the support of incredible music lovers, and friends such as yourselves. I wish the guys the very best and know that they will continue to make awesome music, which I fully support all the way. For those who can make it, I would love to see you and share a drink at HRH, which will be my last Touchstone gig. Thank you so much for everything, I love you all. God bless xxx"

All the band fully accept this situation and support her decision and we know that you will join us in wishing Kim all the very best for the future. We will still be in very close contact. It's been an amazing journey for all of us and we sincerely appreciate all the fantastic support from our fans and friends, given to us over the years.

Kim will be leaving after our performance at Hard Rock Hell on Friday 20th March, so if you want to get a last chance to see this lineup, it's a trip to North Wales…!!!

As for the future of Touchstone, there are no immediate plans for a new release; the band is currently on indefinite hold and remaining members will pursue other projects.

At some time in the future the Touchstone phoenix may arise again…

END

Yes, it's sad. I know that Kim has been battling for a while and I can understand why she wants to stand back to fully recover.

These are the nicest, friendliest bunch of people who you'll ever meet. Kim and Moo both went out of their way when my son disappeared a few years back to ask if they could help. I wish them all possible luck in the future.

Lovely people, all of them

The only album I have by them is “Wintercoast”, but I really love that one. Seems like I had read she was having health issues before. Sad to hear.

Sad to hear, I love this band!

Hope Kim gets better.

Get well Kim! Loved chatting with you after the Rosfest performance a few years back. Hope to see you back performing in the not too distant future.

Wow, that's sad. I thought they were really good at Rosfest. I hope she recovers and returns to music at some point.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)