Thread: Steven Wilson - Royal Albert Hall(Raven gig filmed??)

Steven Wilson - Royal Albert Hall(Raven gig filmed??)

Maybe a shot in the dark but I was thinking if hopefully, in the near future that we get a FULL show of the Raven gig on DVD. And if so, hopefully they filmed it
    at the "magical theater" for this said release. Is this a crazy thought???

I'd certainly get such a DVD. The few live vids on the Drive Home DVD (from Frankfurt) only whet my appetite

AFAIK none of the Raven shows were completely filmed.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    AFAIK none of the Raven shows were completely filmed.
    That's a missed opportunity.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    That's a missed opportunity.
    It's very perplexing, because since "Deadwing" I believe SW has released a Live DVD/CD of every tour supporting his then current album (with the possible exception of "Insurgentes").

Edit: I have 2 SW live albums from his solo career "Catalog/Preserve/Amass" and "Get All You Deserve" I don't remember if the former is from the Insugentes tour or the GfD tour. I'm not counting "Drive Home".

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    It's very perplexing, because since "Deadwing" I believe SW has released a Live DVD/CD of every tour supporting his then current album (with the possible exception of "Insurgentes").

Edit: I have 2 SW live albums from his solo career "Catalog/Preserve/Amass" and "Get All You Deserve" I don't remember if the former is from the Insugentes tour or the GfD tour. I'm not counting "Drive Home".
    Both are from GfD. I don't believe he toured insurgentes, waiting till he had enough solo material with GfD. I could be wrong, but don't think so....

He didn't tour Insurgentes to my knowledge. Catalog / Preserve / Amass is from the Grace for Drowning tour - the big giveaway being that the title of the former is borrowed from "Index" - which is on Grace for Drowning.

I'm hoping that the 2 Chicago shows are an indication he's shooting them for a video release. Both Arriving...and The Incident were shot there.

I'm guessing the reason why we aren't getting a Raven tour video is most of that material was covered on Get All You Deserve and the Drive Home EP. I'd *really* like an official release of the "Remainder / No Twilight" encore. That knocked us dead in Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    I'm guessing the reason why we aren't getting a Raven tour video is most of that material was covered on Get All You Deserve and the Drive Home EP. I'd *really* like an official release of the "Remainder / No Twilight" encore. That knocked us dead in Pittsburgh.

Killer. Blew us away in San Francisco as well.

Damn...saw 3 Raven shows and DIDN'T get the Black Dog/Twilight encore

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post

What a mess !!!! This sounds awful.

I'm surprised that the Royal Albert Hall concert was filmed, since people stepping up to that venue usually regard it as a career watershed. That said, is it possible that RAH is one of those venues that impose a stiff licensing cost on any live release from there?

Their filming cost is massive at the RAH and extremely steep at lots of other venues too, personally I think the large venues are stupid on this, the greed factor means that many of the bands playing these large venues don't bother with DVDs as much as they used to.

The original Shaggs (Zappa loved them)

Quote Originally Posted by gilawi View Post
    What a mess !!!! This sounds awful.
    Skip passed The Shaggs parody. They were having fun with playing "Luminol" poorly. (They opened the concert with the 'proper' version').

SW's official page now shows 2 dates at RAH in Sept. With different setlists and special guests. No mention of recording.....(yet)

^^^^hoping that will be a filmed show. Totally bummed the PT Carnegie hall wasn't filmed due to the venues high costs.

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    ^^^^hoping that will be a filmed show. Totally bummed the PT Carnegie hall wasn't filmed due to the venues high costs.
    Pretty sure there's a bootleg of that floating around, but a full-on HD 5.1 version would've been nice.

PE Member since 7/14/2001 rushfan's Avatar
    Are you referring to the Radio City Music Hall show from September 2010? That was an amazing show, opening with the acoustic set that included Stranger By The Minute and Futile. I wonder if that was the last PT show in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by rushfan View Post
    Are you referring to the Radio City Music Hall show from September 2010? That was an amazing show, opening with the acoustic set that included Stranger By The Minute and Futile. I wonder if that was the last PT show in the US?
    Its amazing to think they play this venue(6,000+) and also play a place like the Park West (900).

Quote Originally Posted by rushfan View Post
    Yes, indeed. My apologies.
    That's the one I was thinking of...