Thread: Pros and Cons

Pros and Cons

Just saw in Amazon that Roger Waters will release in April something Under the title Pros and Cons. IS this a live reord or something else? If a live record, from when?

Ed

Doubt that it is live, but I would love to have a killer version of Go Fishing live, for example

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Ooooh yay! I'm dying to hear Roger Waters speak at length about things that are VERY VERY important to him!!!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Like his dad dying? Or so I've heard.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    "Guilty as charged!"

Just give me the Amused to Death vinyl reissue and I'll be happy. What the hell is going on with that?
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Ooooh yay! I'm dying to hear Roger Waters speak at length about things that are VERY VERY important to him!!!
    Indeed. Where do I sign up?

This should go over as well as:

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Of hitch hiking? Maybe he will stage a live version of the cover while he reads, to ensure an audience.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post

"Live long and prosper. Nanoo-nanoo."

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    Just give me the Amused to Death vinyl reissue and I'll be happy. What the hell is going on with that?

I pre-ordered that with Soundstage Direct and cancelled it about a year ago. shame.

I'd settle for the chance to see that Speakeasy interview that he did not to long ago. While I'm at it, I'd love to see the Geddy Speakeasy interview as well.

Pros and Cons was one of the most disappointing albums of my entire musical fandom. Bought it the day it came out, and it just never clicked with me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Pros and Cons was one of the most disappointing albums of my entire musical fandom. Bought it the day it came out, and it just never clicked with me at all.
    ^^^Ditto!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I got it the day it came out too, and liked it a lot, but to be honest more as a Roger Waters experience than a musical one.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I bought it when it came out & went to see the tour, album left me cold, concert was very good
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I can't imagine this is a legitimate release. No DVD of his DSOTM or The Wall tours? And he's mentioned in old interviews that he has many new songs written. An interview CD before any of this? If it's legit, he's going to be in for a rude awakening.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

i think P&C is a much better album then Radio KAOS. but Amused To Death is the best.
    it was presented for a Pink Floyd album but rejected, hence Roger left the band to do it himself.
    i wished he'd do another album, but i guess the world just hasn't pissed him off enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    i think P&C is a much better album then Radio KAOS. but Amused To Death is the best.
    it was presented for a Pink Floyd album but rejected, hence Roger left the band to do it himself.
    i wished he'd do another album, but i guess the world just hasn't pissed him off enough.
    I also agree that "Amused To Death" is by far his best solo effort. Personally I like "KAOS" quite a bit more than "P & C", but I would not call any of them great albums.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I obsessed Radio KAOS when it came out but trying to listen to it all the way through years later proved to be a tad ponderous given that some of the songs are so topical (Reagan/LiveAid) to the mid-80s.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I bought it when it came out & went to see the tour, album left me cold, concert was very good
    Well, the problem about P&C album is that it lacked the visuals on stage to make it come alive and make some sense

Saw the tour twice (once with Clapton on guitar) three or four mùonths apart and that helped me appreciate the album much better, but TBH, three decades later, if I"d relisten to the album, I'd probably not understand much anymore, because the visuals have now faded

It would be good if Waters reworked the album by integrating the comics images shot on the stage screen...; Make it a DVD of sorts... I'd certainly buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    Ditto for the order of preference...

But KAOS isnot that bad either... Actually the music is composed is relatively good (and not nearly as oppressive as one would remember it), but the lyrics and concept is the gloomiest Waters ever, IMHO.... Though I haven't heard it in 15 years, while the KAOS music is no Happy Monday hit single, but it's nowhere near Present, UZ or Shub-Niggurath
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.