Page 2 of 181 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Quite an offseason for Oregon so far. They're doing their best Redskins impression.
    I see what you did there.

The difference is that these guys aren't past their prime yet.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Jeremy Macklin to the Chiefs . Didn't see that coming. Draft a good WR in the first round and with Macklin and Charles the Chiefs have some offence for Andy Reid to play with.
    Last edited by gryphs also; 03-09-2015 at 08:18 AM.

With Suh all but signed I think the Raiders should look to signing a good offensive weapon. I'd love to see them target Demarco Murray. You need 2 RBs in today's NFL. Establishing a run game, then drafting the likes of White at WR would transform this team.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

My problem with that, Yves, is I wonder how much of Murray's success was a product of the Cowboy's O-Line. I'd be hesitant to invest a lot of money in him long term. Problem is they are running out of impact people in free agency. How about Brian Bulaga to shore up the line to keep Carr upright?
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by gryphs also View Post
    Jeremy Macklin to the Chiefs . Didn't see that coming. Draft a good WR in the first round and with Macklin and Charles the Chiefs have some offence for Andy Reid to play with.
    The Chiefs might finally get a touchdown from one of their wide receivers now.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    With Suh all but signed I think the Raiders should look to signing a good offensive weapon. I'd love to see them target Demarco Murray. You need 2 RBs in today's NFL.
    ...neither of which need to be stars. The Raiders have a promising rebuilding effort going on right now. I'd hate to see them screw that up by devoting a ton of money to a running back.

My problem with that, Yves, is I wonder how much of Murray's success was a product of the Cowboy's O-Line. I'd be hesitant to invest a lot of money in him long term. Problem is they are running out of impact people in free agency. How about Brian Bulaga to shore up the line to keep Carr upright?
    You raise a good point, as does Facelift. RBs these days are more plug-n-play than ever. We have a Murray that is showing promise and there might be a good RB available in the later rounds of the draft.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I don't think anyone saw this coming...Patrick Willis is retiring.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ire-on-tuesday

Was listening to one of the local sports talk shows this morning, and the bumper music they played was...... A Boy Named Sue (Johnny Cash). Hilarious. Hadn't heard that song in maybe 40 years.

Frank Gore...SMH...

Jimmy Graham + 4th rounder to the Seahawks for Max Unger and 2015 first rounder.

I like this for Seattle, assuming it goes down.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    That's a pretty good deal.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

WOW!!!!!!!!!

That gives Russell Wilson a security blanket and a good one. I await the Geezer's response to how this will impact his favourite "non-Cheesy".

I'd love to hear New Orleans sports radio now.
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

WOW!!!!!!!!!

That gives Russell Wilson a security blanket and a good one. I await the Geezer's response to how this will impact his favourite "non-Cheesy".

I'd love to hear New Orleans sports radio now.
    The Buzzards will then have a quality receiver for my man RW. RW played at NC State 3 seasons, and UW for 1 season. Twice when Seattle has been on NBC & the players get to do the intros Wilson has clearly said "Russell Wilson-go Badgers!). I gotta love the guy.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I obviously don't know him personally, but following Wilson's exploits and his story since he left NC State, he comes across as a very classy, intelligent, and humble guy.

Best way to describe it: He ain't no Ryan Leaf!

I obviously don't know him personally, but following Wilson's exploits and his story since he left NC State, he comes across as a very classy, intelligent, and humble guy.

Best way to describe it: He ain't no Ryan Leaf!
    Hah!

Hey, Leaf has served his time! Released from Jail Dec. 2014.

source

The No. 2 overall pick in the 1998 NFL Draft had been serving time in Montana since being arrested in March 2012 on burglary and drug charges. Leaf, who was trying to steal prescription pills, broke into two homes in one weekend in 2012.

Eagles have reportedly traded Nick Foles and this year's #20 pick to the Rams for Sam Bradford, their #10 pick, and a conditional pick.

WOW!

My gut tells me that long-term, Foles will make larger steps to consistent quality and will get there before Bradford.

Or they could easily both be busts.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

My gut tells me that Bradford will never play a down for the Eagles. He's a chip (pun absolutely intended) to get Mariota.

What the hell is going on? Used to be, (recently,) big trades didn't happen in the NFL!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Ndata to the Lions.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Lions trade 4th and 5th round picks to Baltimore for Haloti Ngata.

Not a huge fan of the 'Hawks/Saints deal. Unger has been a real difference maker on the O-line and one of Seattle's better players since he was drafted. Going to be interesting to see how the team fills the void he leaves at center.

...and Jake Locker is retiring.

Jake Locker has just retired. He's 26.

Okay. So, the theory here is that Tennessee will trade for Sam Bradford and picks, TB will pick Winston, and Mariota will fall to the Eagles.

Crazy shit, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    TB will pick Winston.

Crazy shit, man.
    Shit, TB/St.Pete isn't that far from Tallahassee. "Money, so they say.......".

Winston will help the Bucs revenue stream for sure if they get him.