Thread: ONLY for fans of Cardiacs, Siouxsie, goth, The Cure, Karda Estra, Lene Lovich

ONLY for fans of Cardiacs, Siouxsie, goth, The Cure, Karda Estra, Lene Lovich

Cardiacs & family fans...I have found your new favourite band for you....you are welcome...please donate a few bucks to a Child Cancer Fund.

For the record I found this double CD album in a second hand shop for about 4 euros. The 2nd CD is hauntingly narrated stories, no music, Bob Drake sprang to mind on hearing the first one.

Those moments of pure elation in your daily musical exploration when you suddenly hear something that bursts your heart & floats you upwards only happen a few times in your life, if you're lucky, maybe once a year.

To give just a few of my examples

It first happened for me as a 16 year old, when I first heard Harvest by Neil Young.
    And a year of so later when I first heard Kate Bush.
    It happened again soon after when I first heard Golden Brown by The Stranglers.
    Then it happened in the late 80s the first time I heard a Cardiacs song.
    It happened again in the early 90s at my first Sleepy People gig.
    And again when I heard the first Stars in Battledress album.

And now, it happened again on Saturday on my first listen while driving in the car (so my ears were a captive audience) to the wonder and majesty that is Cinema Strange on their 2006 album Quatorze Examples Authentiques du Triomphe de la Musique Décorative with its Cardiacesque mix of haunting, gothic, waltzy, piano mixed with fairground tunes and tortured female vocals a la Lene Lovich, Siouxsie and Diamanda Galas and ethereal soundscapes so very like Cardiacs entrance tunes and punky crash & bang moments then followed by soft lullabies.

Cardiacs fans should first listen to this
    Track 6

Cardiacs and Karda Estra fans should then listen to this
    Track 1

And Stars in Battledress and William D. Drake fans should listen to this
    Track 10
    Last edited by PeterG; 03-03-2015 at 10:40 AM.

Cardiacs, Siouxsie and Cure fans should listen to this one
    Track 12 on the album

Lene Lovich and Diamanda fans should listen to this one
    Track 2 on the album

Track 3

Fans of creepy Danny Elfman gothic piano music, Dresden Dolls videos, Tim Burton films and scary childrens dolls and clowns and prams in attics should listen to this one. It creeped the living bejesus out of my 11 year old son on Saturday morning

And this one is very much for Syd Barrett, Bob Drake and Danny Elfman fans
    Track 8

Nice stuff! Methinks I'll spring for a copy

Thanks for the tip off...
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com