Thread: Best iPhone 5 navigation app?

Best iPhone 5 navigation app?

Please help...I want to invest in one, but I want to be sure I'm not getting ripped off before I make my purchase.

I have the new, free, "improved" Google Maps downloaded already...so far, not impressed. Here's why:

1.) I need something that will integrate with my iOS contacts; and, in a related story...

...2.) I need something that will also save trip routes/info.

I'm not interested in the 'companion' My Places For Google Maps app; it's getting a lot of complaints.

Which app will do these things, and still gets excellent ratings? Garmin? Tom Tom? Magellan? Any others? Please help, and thanks very much.

I am a Luddite when it comes to this stuff... ...so please dumb it down for my benefit!
    Cargo of diamonds as you are: nothing more valuable, nothing more tough. - A. M. Beal

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Why don't you just use the iPhone GPS app (Maps) that's already there? It's excellent (and powered by Tom Tom).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Why don't you just use the iPhone GPS app (Maps) that's already there? It's excellent (and powered by Tom Tom).
    Thank you so much for your response!...but I don't want to use that app again until Apple fixes all the problems it's been having with it.
    Cargo of diamonds as you are: nothing more valuable, nothing more tough. - A. M. Beal

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Hmm...works like a charm for me on my 4S.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Hmm...works like a charm for me on my 4S.
    I am glad that it does! I have many problems with it.

As for Google Maps, it *works* really well, but has those limitations I cited, which is why I want something better. As my job requires a lot of driving to different locations, it's important for me to find something that has the specifications I mentioned.

This was recommended in PC World, though I have no experience with it: http://www.telenav.com/products/scout/

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    This was recommended in PC World, though I have no experience with it: http://www.telenav.com/products/scout/
    Thank you! I will investigate it. I appreciate the time you took to find this.

Quote Originally Posted by East New York View Post
    Thank you! I will investigate it. I appreciate the time you took to find this.
    Have you had the chance to check out Telenav yet? I am yet to try it out and would be curious to see what you think about it. If I can find a good navigation app for Voip Phones, then I am thinking about just getting an iPhone instead of getting a Garmin. What do you think?
    Last edited by Stefan; 02-16-2013 at 05:13 PM.

I'm very happy with Navigon. Been using it both in Europe and Western USA. A bit expensive but in contrast to ios maps and google maps the maps are onboard so you don't have problems with disconnecting data, etc....
    And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.