Thread: Prog Cruises ?

Prog Cruises ?

My wife has taken an interest in doing a prog cruise. As a recall, there used to be a competing cruise to Cruise to the Edge. Seems like it was a situation of Yes's cruise vs Jon Anderson's cruise (wasn't UK and Renaissance on that one? - two of my favorites). So my question is,.. does that other competing cruise still exist? If so, when is it and who's on it?

Oh,... and out of curiosity, how many years have these cruises been going on? Seems like 10 or more (?)
    Genuine prog album from back in the day! - *free download* : masquepremiere.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by ProgMusician View Post
    My wife has taken an interest in doing a prog cruise. As a recall, there used to be a competing cruise to Cruise to the Edge. Seems like it was a situation of Yes's cruise vs Jon Anderson's cruise (wasn't UK and Renaissance on that one? - two of my favorites). So my question is,.. does that other competing cruise still exist? If so, when is it and who's on it?

Oh,... and out of curiosity, how many years have these cruises been going on? Seems like 10 or more (?)
    "Cruise To The Edge" is happening again in November. Have not heard anything about another Progressivenation Cruise. These have only been going for a couple of years, although other music themed cruises have been going for a lot longer.

I don't think Progressive Nation at Sea is happening this year. Another Moodies Cruise has been hinted at.

Quote Originally Posted by Wah3 View Post
    I don't think Progressive Nation at Sea is happening this year. Another Moodies Cruise has been hinted at.
    Yeah I think the band will be pushed on stage in their wheel chairs this time. There are what two of them left?
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Yeah I think the band will be pushed on stage in their wheel chairs this time. There are what two of them left?
    Three (Hayward, Lodge & Edge) if no one's died without telling me.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Progressive Nation at Sea was organized by mike Portnoy and held in 2014. It included Jon Anderson, Transatlantic, The Flower Kings, Riverside, Anathema, and many others. It was the most amazing music event I have been a part of and the best vacation of my life.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    They're touring. Hayward still seems pretty young and puts on an energetic solo show, don't know about the others.

As in actual cruise ship on water? If that's what we're talking about - I'll pass bigtime. Did one - done enough.

So which is the one with the wife swapping? Mail to: Strauss-Kahn@iwf.com
    Last edited by at least 100 dead; 03-01-2015 at 04:52 PM.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by at least 100 dead View Post
    So which is the one with the wife swapping? Mail to: Strauss-Kahn@iwf.com
    You can't spell Grope without Prog.

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    Seems like the Melloboat was the first? Began in 2007.
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Three (Hayward, Lodge & Edge) if no one's died without telling me.
    I meant in the band. I thought there were only two left in the band.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)