Thread: SYZYGY- 5.1 DVD & CD "Live" 3RP 2009/ Day Of Prog 2010

SYZYGY- 5.1 DVD & CD "Live" 3RP 2009/ Day Of Prog 2010

It has been a Long Time Coming , and it is finally available.
    SYZYGY's - "A Glorious Disturbance" has now been released.
    This is a great Digi-pak Set.
    "Live" DVD from their performance at 3RP Progfest 2009, and 3RP Day Of Prog 2010.
    This DVD is in 5.1 Surround.
    Their performances were outstanding and this DVD really brings them to life in your music/listening room.
    Songs cover their complete history.
    Included on this DVD are : "In The Dead Of Night"-UK
    "Burn" - Deep Purple
    (Both these songs were performed Live by Syzygy at "A Day Of Prog" 2010)- AWESOME!!!!!
    Disc 2 is a CD of the songs performed on the DVD.
    Disc 3 is another DVD- with special features including interviews and AMAZING Studio footage with Carl and Sam sitting at the soundboard and showing how each of the instruments arrangements were created and brought into the mixes with a great di-section of each instrument from each of the songs on Realms Of Eternity.(This is really cool!!)

This is a must have for every prog fan.

Howard

Well I have now had the opportunity to watch this DVD of SYZYGY.
    The music is amazing and the writing of these songs bring out so many soundscapes, textures, layers, the time signatures are so complicated and played with such professionalism that at certain parts it just takes your breath away. Eventhough it was great and memorable to experience being at the performances from these shows "LIVE at 3RP Progfest 2009" and
    "A Day Of Prog 2010", watching and listening to this DVD in 5.1 Surround is nothing short of masterful work that will make you say WOW !!. Just like I did. The 3 Dimentional feelings you get from these performances are very special and I feel you will be wanting to turn other friends onto this experience as well.
    I am not pushing this on anyone because it was 3RP or any other reasons, just that I know when I find great music, I am always trying to turn my friends onto it, and get pleasure knowing that others get pleasure from the music. That is what makes our community of fellow proggers "SO SPECIAL". We love to turn others onto great music and experiences with the music we enjoy. This DVD is nothing short of OUTSTANDING. Give it a try, you will be glad you did. I want to hear from you after you have checked this out. What more can us proggers ask for than music that turns us on with great creative talent, delivered with enjoyable enthusiasum, mastered techniques, tremendous soundscapes, textures, which will bring happy emotions to you and to those you share those moments with. Life is so short and when we have the opportunities to celebrate music we enjoy with others, there is nothing better. I have enjoyed this DVD so much, and wish that all of you get as much enjoyment as I have gotten, because these are the great moments we enjoy and live for in the music we listen to and love. I can not wait to watch this DVD again.
    LONG LIVE PROG!!
    Many of you PE faithfuls from across the pond over in Europe, this is an unbelieveable opportunity to checkout this band.
    There are so many great bands that I enjoy deeply from Europe and wish I had the opportunity to see them here in the USA, but those opportunities do not come by ofthen enough because of the scarceness of those bands performing over here in the USA. When they do come over and I have had the opportunities to see the performances, they leave a special mark and place in my memories and soul. This DVD will leave special feels with you as well.
    Get this DVD for yourself, it will be a very special gift you gave to yourself.
    Wishing everybody a Happy Holiday Season.
    Howard

I agree. I would compare the 5.1 mix to ELP's 5.1 version of Brain Salad Surgery. Certain instrument parts would occasionally swirl around the room...but in a tasteful way, not at all gimmicky. And the audio mix itself is studio quality. One can forget one is listening to a live performance. The main reason for the delay was because the guys in the band wanted to get it right. It's definitely well worth the wait.
    Last edited by progmatist; 12-23-2012 at 01:54 PM.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Indeed this sounds very good.

I was lucky enough to be at both shows. This is a must have.

My thread included the link,just sayin'.

I'm really glad that this band is so damn good, since I wouldn't be able to look my friend Sam in the face if I didn't buy it.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I also was at both shows and can promise you they ripped both places down. The encores at A Day Of Prog were a surprise and a very pleasant one at that.
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Proudly pulled the trigger for this last night. Can't wait to see/hear it all.

I can't recommend this highly enough. It is PHENOMENAL!!! pure and simple. The Bonus disc is very detailed with Carl and Sam sitting at the mixing board and going through Realms Of Eternity track by track. The guys have learned a thing or 2 from George Martin methinx. If you like/love this band,you gotta get this....if there was ever a no-brainer it's this package. The artwork and package are just perfect. Truly one of the best cd/dvd sets I have experienced. I had no idea they have been together for over 30 years.

n.p.The Sea-Syzygy-a Glorious Disturbance

I am confused about The Coronation. The dvd throws up info on the screen: The Coronation-The Allegory Of Light. But, when checking my cd that song isn't on there. What gives anyone know? Is this a brand new song or something from the past that never made it to an album?

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    I am confused about The Coronation. The dvd throws up info on the screen: The Coronation-The Allegory Of Light. But, when checking my cd that song isn't on there. What gives anyone know? Is this a brand new song or something from the past that never made it to an album?
    There is a footnote on the inside of the dvd cover referencing this song. The footnote states that the Coronation is actually the 1st movement from the Journey of Myrrdin which was written at the same time but wasn't recorded on AOL.

I hope that helps!
    Dena

Quote Originally Posted by DHenry View Post
    There is a footnote on the inside of the dvd cover referencing this song. The footnote states that the Coronation is actually the 1st movement from the Journey of Myrrdin which was written at the same time but wasn't recorded on AOL.

I hope that helps!
    Dena
    It sure does Dena and thank you for that. I can't wait to hear their new album. Syzygy has become one of my top 10 faves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    After posting my comment I received the following explanation from Carl Baldassarre.

The Coronation is the first movement of The Journey of Myrrdin which did appear on the Allegory of Light. The ONLY difference between the live version and the studio version of the first movement is that we added vocals to the piece where it was an instrumental version on the studio album. Otherwise it's a note-for-note rendition of the studio version's first movement. We decided to title the live version "The Coronation" which was the working title to the Journey of Myrrdin 25 years ago.