Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Whitesnake CD is a Deep Purple covers album

I think David Coverdale should fire David Coverdale and get a new singer.
    I live in an ephemeral eternity

Quote Originally Posted by Jay G View Post
    BTW, Coverdale did not start sounding like Plant until his voice took a drastic change following throat surgery after Slide it In. Prior to that he had a deeper growly blues voice. The high pitch shrieking was always Hughes. I miss the Dave of old.
    Yes, I know, and yes, I agree. He sounded so much better early on.

smart move..... Whitesnake is long past it's prime. a DP cover album is the next best thing to a reunion without the rites to the name.

Laughable move.

Not to mention that Coverdale can't sing anymore. For the last 15 years at least...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by viukkis View Post
    I bought Coverdale/Page and Page/Plant's Walking Into Clarksdale at about the same time. Every time I listened to the former I kept forgetting I wasn't listening to the latter. Coverdale's Plant impression is frighteningly accurate on that one.
    I rank pretty high Walking Into Clarksdale..over In Through The Out Door at least. WIC shows a direction, which LZ could've been reach for, if they had a will to continue the ride with new drummer..Coverdale/Page is strictly commercial effort, IMO. Not bad, but not a masterpiece either.

Here's someone's review that tries to explain why people who think Coverdale sounds bad or its an odd idea to do a DP covers album are wrong (I just love folks who want to "correct" my opinion lol): http://rockguitardaily.blogspot.com/...ritics-be.html

And here is Coverdale explaining how this is a "new chapter" for Whitesnake and how they are going for a "cleaner, punchier sound":

Coverdale has always been a poser. This just reaffirms his "Coverversion" status. A move that is beyond lame. Why would you buy a CD of a cover band doing Deep Purple instead of...oh, I don't know. Buying a Deep Purple CD??
    "I want to be someone, who someone would want to be." Marillion