Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rock In Opposition Festival 2015

The concert of Art Zoyd is a 2 hour retrospective of 45 years of AZ
    A line up of eight musicians including Thierry Zaboitzeff ,Jean-Pierre Soarez and Daniel Denis

Too cool. Sorry I can't go. Cheers.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    A line up of eight musicians including Thierry Zaboitzeff ,Jean-Pierre Soarez and Daniel Denis
    that's fantastic news
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    that's fantastic news
    Amazing!
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

chalkpie
    Wow. Sounds incredible. Not in my cards, but we are headed to the UK in August!

Tickets bought
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

What's up with Gerard? Or does he have some health issues or something?

"The concert of Art Zoyd will last 2 hours (in two parts) is the retrospective of 45 years of the band. Art Zoyd will consist of eight musicians whose Zaboitzeff Thierry and Jean-Pierre Soarez (the original training) and led by Gerard Hourbette (also a member of the 1st training). Daniel Denis (Univers Zero) is also part of this exceptional line up. A unique event."

Fantastic! Not to be missed!

This'll prob be the final chance to get to see these folks in collective action - I can NOT miss out on this...
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

"The concert of Art Zoyd will last 2 hours (in two parts) is the retrospective of 45 years of the band. Art Zoyd will consist of eight musicians whose Zaboitzeff Thierry and Jean-Pierre Soarez (the original training) and led by Gerard Hourbette (also a member of the 1st training). Daniel Denis (Univers Zero) is also part of this exceptional line up. A unique event."
    Cool. Glad to see him involved.

I tried really hard to get my wife to go over this year and it almost worked but then she decided to visit her home (Vietnam) this year so there goes our budget. Can't complain but would have loved to see AZ in this configuration.

For those who have a bit of time before the RIO festival in Carmaux

Aka Moon's bassist Michel Hatzigeorgiou (Hatzi for short) organizes in Brussels yet another Electric Bass festival two weeks before Carmaux and during the week of Carmaux (well pertly overlapping it )

http://theatremarni.com/spip.php?pag...ments&id_mot=2

The Marni is an ex-theatre where I've seen such avant-garde acts like AZ's Metropolis or Expérience de vol and weirder stuff
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Fantastic! Not to be missed! This'll prob be the final chance to get to see these folks in collective action - I can NOT miss out on this...
    Richard does this mean we will get to see you at RIO ?
    Frankie ??

chalkpie
    Richard does this mean we will get to see you at RIO ?
    Frankie ??
    Unless I win Lotto or some rich asshole I don't know bequeaths their entire Greenwich CT estate to me, it ain't happenin' brother. The odds of my wife allowing me to go to France after spending what will amount to a medium-sized Toyota in England for 2 weeks in August is currently at about 32,987,000,000:1......but even with those odds there is always a chance, right?

I would LOVE to go to this and hang with you guys - its just not feasible this year. If we don't do a huge family trip next year there is definitely a better chance.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Unless I win Lotto or some rich asshole I don't know bequeaths their entire Greenwich CT estate to me, it ain't happenin' brother. The odds of my wife allowing me to go to France after spending what will amount to a medium-sized Toyota in England for 2 weeks in August is currently at about 32,987,000,000:1......but even with those odds there is always a chance, right?
    How many kidney do you have ?

chalkpie
    How many kidney do you have ?
    I'm not sure - I never counted. Possibly none.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I'm not sure - I never counted. Possibly none.

I'd heard that one about the heart or the liver, but not about something you have three or four of them
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

totally unrelated of course, but tomorrow's TdF 13th stage comes within 20 kms east of Carmaux and Albi

If you want to have a peak at the nearby hills of Carmaux, you should get an eyeful... Saturday's 14th Stage (between Rodez and Mende) should prove even more stunning, as it goes through the Causses mountains and Roquefort (the cheese) country. Unfortunately, they'll most likely miss the golden opportunity to ride on the world's longuest viaduc in Millau, if I look at the stage"s map.

Sunday's stage leaves Mende for the Rhone valley, but the 2/3 of the stage should also be superb as they cross the Ardèche departement and ride (a bit) in the gorges of the river of the same name

the vicinity of Mende is one of those places where I could consider retiring

Still can't really believe it, but I am going to the festival for the first time since 2009. The lineup is too incredible, I just can't miss it. I'll be also providing coverage of the festival for one of Russia's biggest online music platforms. So, it seems I'm in for a pretty cool experience.

And I'm very much looking forward to see some of you guys there.

^That is awesome! Have a great time!!

neil

Yeah, Lev, before RIO Fest 2013 (iirc, but I'll yield to boilk's superior chronology if I don't), Kay, Geezer & boilk did a night at a jazz club in Paris and the next day at the palace at Versailles before his boilkness headed to RIO Fest.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Levgan View Post
    Still can't really believe it, but I am going to the festival for the first time since 2009. The lineup is too incredible, I just can't miss it. I'll be also providing coverage of the festival for one of Russia's biggest online music platforms. So, it seems I'm in for a pretty cool experience.

And I'm very much looking forward to see some of you guys there.
    It will be great to meet you, looking forward to an excellent festival.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Yeah, Lev, before RIO Fest 2013 (iirc, but I'll yield to boilk's superior chronology if I don't), Kay, Geezer & boilk did a night at a jazz club in Paris and the next day at the palace at Versailles before his boilkness headed to RIO Fest.
    Spot on. There goes your, "I'm a geezer, so I can't be expected to remember the facts", cred.

And what a wonderful week it was.

neil