Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alan Parsons is coming to the USA!

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I'm not familiar with his lesser known songs. "I Robot" complete would be awesome. I would like to catch him sometime though.
    He's playing I, Robot on his current tour. I had no idea he was in Milwaukee this past weekend.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wow, the APP had some hits! I looked at the Wikipedia list of singles, and compiled a list of all the tracks shown as charting anywhere. There are only a few I don't know - a few weren't hits in the US. But anyway, even if Parsons was to play a set of only charted hits, it'd still be pretty great I think. So here's the list of charting APP numbers with album titles, for your enjoyment:

Tales of Mystery and Imagination:

"The Raven""
    "(The System of) Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether"
    "To One in Paradise"

I, Robot:

"I Wouldn't Want to Be Like You"
    "Don't Let It Show"

Pyramid:

"What Goes Up"

Eve:

"Damned If I Do"
    "Lucifer"
    "You Won't Be There"

The Turn of a Friendly Card:

"The Turn of a Friendly Card"
    "Games People Play"
    "Time"
    "Snake Eyes"
    "Gold Bug"

Eye in the Sky:

"You're Gonna Get Your Fingers Burned"
    "Eye in the Sky"
    "Psychobabble"
    "Old and Wise"

Ammonia Avenue:

"You Don't Believe"
    "Don't Answer Me"
    "Prime Time"

Vulture Culture:

"Vulture Culture"
    "Let's Talk About Me"
    "Days Are Numbers (The Traveller)"

Stereotomy:

"Stereotomy"

Gaudi:

"Standing on Higher Ground"

BTW, there were some other singles that didn't chart.

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    He's playing I, Robot on his current tour. I had no idea he was in Milwaukee this past weekend.
    I see that now, WOW!!! It wasn't advertised as such. I would have tried to make it, even though I had a wedding going on this last weekend.

I see he's coming again to St. Charles in May, I will catch that one.
    Last edited by Man In The Mountain; 11-14-2018 at 12:25 PM.

where are you finding this tour information? I went on his site and there is only a few shows this year, and one for a cruise I believe in 2019?
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    where are you finding this tour information? I went on his site and there is only a few shows this year, and one for a cruise I believe in 2019?
    The only explanation I can come up with when this occurs is that if you're on the email list for a venue you might be notified early of a show (as I was this week with the show near me in March), but the artist just hasn't updated their website with a later set of dates as they're all coming together piece-meal. It would be nice if the artist had someone who was updating the site constantly as shows are added, but I guess that's just not the case sometimes.

i'd say check the calendars of venues that are acceptable to you if possible. For me, even in the greater New York area, there are only a small number of conceivable venues that I would go to that present "better known" artists I'm interested in, so I try to stay on their email lists, or get all notices from their Facebook page. If you're in a somewhat remote area, that might require checking on several different more urban areas.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 11-14-2018 at 01:01 PM.

According to his website, he will have a new album out in 2019. Always looking forward to an APP/ AP album

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    The only explanation I can come up with when this occurs is that if you're on the email list for a venue you might be notified early of a show (as I was this week with the show near me in March), but the artist just hasn't updated their website with a later set of dates as they're all coming together piece-meal. It would be nice if the artist had someone who was updating the site constantly as shows are added, but I guess that's just not the case sometimes.

i'd say check the calendars of venues that are acceptable to you if possible. For me, even in the greater New York area, there are only a small number of conceivable venues that I would go to that present "better known" artists I'm interested in, so I try to stay on their email lists, or get all notices from their Facebook page. If you're in a somewhat remote area, that might require checking on several different more urban areas.
    Thanks that's a great idea. Just a week ago I checked into mid 2019 for the Ruth Echard Hall&Capitol Theaters here in the Clearwater area and he wasn't listed. Now I'm on Ticketmaster's list since I bought tickets for the July ELO show, and they've already started sending me notifications of other acts.
    So hopefully.....
    appreciate your input.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

I saw Alan once in support of Yes on the OYE tour. Even though I enjoy some of his music I didn’t really get into his show. I don’t think he tours much does he? If you’d like to see him then I would suggest by all means go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks that's a great idea. Just a week ago I checked into mid 2019 for the Ruth Echard Hall&Capitol Theaters here in the Clearwater area and he wasn't listed. Now I'm on Ticketmaster's list since I bought tickets for the July ELO show, and they've already started sending me notifications of other acts.
    So hopefully.....
    appreciate your input.
    Another great resource for concert information is Pollstar. You can type in any city in the U.S. (or abroad) and it will list every booking there is pretty much every venue. I check pollstar every day for my area and often find out about shows before they are announced: https://www.pollstar.com/

So hopefully.....
    appreciate your input.
    Letting TicketMaster alert you when an artist you're interested in is coming to your area is a good idea. Just one note: the venue I bought tickets from doesn't sell through TicketMaster, just from their own online box office.

SteveSly's idea sounds really good, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    I saw Alan once in support of Yes on the OYE tour. Even though I enjoy some of his music I didn’t really get into his show. I don’t think he tours much does he? If you’d like to see him then I would suggest by all means go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think he's been touring quite a bit in recent years, but that's a somewhat new development.

Pollstar is good, I'm starting to think that Songkick is even better:

https://www.songkick.com/

His tour dates are on his Facebook page, under EVENTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    His tour dates are on his Facebook page, under EVENTS.
    It doesn't list anything beyond the cruise in February yet.

The Place des Arts in Montreal website has Alan parsons announced for February 24th, 2019. I'll be there for sure!

https://placedesarts.com/en/event/al...s-live-project
    Last edited by Rajaz; 11-16-2018 at 02:58 PM. Reason: added link