Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Necromonkey - Show me where it hertz, again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Hey Mattias, when you or David have time, please enter the CD info into FreeDB! I want to rip my CD so I can listen on my iPod, etc., but it was YOU who came up with those long-ass titles!

EDIT: Ok, I see GraceNote has it - will try to rip with WinAmp.
    Also up on http://www.discogs.com/Necromonkey-S...elease/7542067, for those who use that site.

Okay...Orion last night was an amazing show. Necromonkey were outstanding, possibly even better than their ProgDay set a year ago. Quirky, dark and aggressive as hell, with overdriven Rhodes, bass, Taurus pedals, various synths and of course monstrous drums blazing away.

From where I sat, I couldn't quite see what Mattias was playing along the drums...based on the range of sounds and sequences, I assumed it was some sort of laptop-based item like Arturia's Analog Factory. He showed me after the set...it was a tiny little Yamaha CS synth, looped and processed with various pedals. I was and am simply floored...

This will probably end up being one of my favorite shows of 2015.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Okay...Orion last night was an amazing show. Necromonkey were outstanding, possibly even better than their ProgDay set a year ago. Quirky, dark and aggressive as hell, with overdriven Rhodes, bass, Taurus pedals, various synths and of course monstrous drums blazing away.

From where I sat, I couldn't quite see what Mattias was playing along the drums...based on the range of sounds and sequences, I assumed it was some sort of laptop-based item like Arturia's Analog Factory. He showed me after the set...it was a tiny little Yamaha CS synth, looped and processed with various pedals. I was and am simply floored...

This will probably end up being one of my favorite shows of 2015.
    Sure wish we could have been there. Necromonkey is a great band and Orion is a great place for a show.

I've had nothing in the CD player except Hertz since it arrived about a week ago.

Very good show. Really had fun.

and it started two minutes EARLY!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post

We are all about breaking rules...!

Congrats Mattias and co! Sounds like a job well done. Sorry I couldn't be there this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post

Temperature was nice as well.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Yeah, it was cool all around.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Amazing show last night at Orion. Well worth the drive up from North Carolina.

Setlist was something like:

Being Pluto
    Knock Knock Hornets Nest
    Kinky Panda
    Asshole Vote
    The Storm
    Entering The Sublevels Of Necroplex
    A Glimpse Of Possible Endings

Many of the tunes had new arrangements, and sections of improvisation. Was quite different from their ProgDay set last year. I particularly enjoyed The Storm > Entering The Sublevels Of Necroplex...and Knock Knock Hornets Nest was probably the most intense I've heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_hunt View Post

Being Pluto
    Knock Knock Hornets Nest
    Kinky Panda
    Asshole Vote
    The Storm

Many of the tunes had new arrangements, and sections of improvisation. Was quite different from their ProgDay set last year. I particularly enjoyed The Storm > Entering The Sublevels Of Necroplex...and Knock Knock Hornets Nest was probably the most intense I've heard it.
    Sounds fantastic. I'm looking forward to a live disc from the tour.

Oh man...a live memento from the tour would be wonderful.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by mike_hunt View Post

Being Pluto
    Knock Knock Hornets Nest
    Kinky Panda
    Asshole Vote
    The Storm

I had the set list as:

Being Pluto
    Everybody Likes Hornets but Nobody Likes Hornet Egg
    Kinky Panda
    Asshole Vote
    The Rage Within the Clouds
    Every Dead Indian
    (A) Glimpse (of Possible Endings)

I'm guessing "Knock Knock Hornets Nest" and "Everybody Likes Hornets" are variations on each other, as are "The Storm" and "The Rage Within the Clouds". It's really hard to figure out a set list for that band because they mix things up so much when playing live.
    --
    The internet was better before Berners-Lee let the riff-raff in.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Oh man...a live memento from the tour would be wonderful.
    How bout a picture of the guy sitting in front of me.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    How bout a picture of the guy sitting in front of me.

Sick and tired of that guy...

He asked me after the show...

No foghat?

Looks like the tour was a success from all the posts I've read, and I love the looks of the Orion setlist. I wish I could have been there, but it is nice to know folks are getting out to see theirs shows. Their amazing music deserves a vast appreciation. Mattias, any chance of coming back and landing a show in Chicago? There is a big audience in the Midwest that would fly from their honest nests to see you. Not that we sting, but we do like a buzz.
    Last edited by Fox; 10-17-2015 at 07:55 AM.

We would love to come...! Right now our next gig in the US is in May in Alaska but we are thinking of doing gigs before or after that...! There are also south american plans and possibly a september adventure in the US.

// Mattias