Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ad Infinitum- on Ambien....

Ambien-laced post aside, all I can say is YESSSSS to a new Ad Infinitum album! Congratulations Todd, it's only been 17 long years!!!
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Adinfinitum View Post
    Wow, I have absolutely No Recall of writing that post. I guess taking two ambiens combined with typing on a iPad will do that. Ha. Can't wait to show this to Mrs. Ad Infinitum. Basically, I do have a second CD worth of material that I want to finish and release. And yes, it will probably will be just a free download at this point because who the heck pays for music nowadays?
    Glad to hear that you're okay. That post had me a little worried, but I was hoping it was some kind of auto-correct issue.

Anyway, looking forward to new material!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    The Ambien Cycle

part i - overture
    part ii - awake and nervous
    part iii - never ending sleep
    part iv - a new day
    part v - awake (reprise)

I'll pass on being given writing credits, but I'll take a promo disc!

The prog community still buys a lot of CDs. I'm sure a CD release of a second Ad Infinitum album would draw quite a few buyers. I would buy one--maybe two if I take too much Ambien and forget that I already placed my order.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Glad to hear that you're okay. That post had me a little worried, but I was hoping it was some kind of auto-correct issue.
    I thought it was just his kid taking dictation.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Adinfinitum View Post
    Wow, I have absolutely No Recall of writing that post. I guess taking two ambiens combined with typing on a iPad will do that. Ha. Can't wait to show this to Mrs. Ad Infinitum. Basically, I do have a second CD worth of material that I want to finish and release. And yes, it will probably will be just a free download at this point because who the heck pays for music nowadays?
    I'd totally fork out cash for a new Ad Infinitum album - I love the first one and still play it regularly.

I also agree with the Bandcamp route. I get a lot of good music there these days and I think its a good way to get money to the artists as directly as possible.
    What if the Hokey Cokey really IS what it's all about?

I'd buy it.
    You could also do a Bandcamp "name your price" thing if you were just going to release it for free anyway.
    The Prog community will give something back.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I'd consider a second AI disc to be an auto-buy. Heck, I sought out a used copy of the Cathedral "There in the Shadows" LP after loving the first AI disc!

I'm in, loved the first. After all this time, people still remember.
    The older I get, the better I was.

If you are giving away your music for free I think you are in fact contributing to the overriding problem that people don't value music anymore and just simply download it. I know, they will do it anyway but I pay for music so that an artist is able to release a quality product now or in the future. You should really look at what kind of budget you need and then see if you can do a Kickstarter / PledgeMusic crowdfunding campaign. Don't go overboard on a whole load of extra options in that case but keep it relatively simple AND manageable. Squids (Dave Kerzner) can tell you all about that I am sure

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    If you are giving away your music for free I think you are in fact contributing to the overriding problem that people don't value music anymore and just simply download it. I know, they will do it anyway but I pay for music so that an artist is able to release a quality product now or in the future. You should really look at what kind of budget you need and then see if you can do a Kickstarter / PledgeMusic crowdfunding campaign. Don't go overboard on a whole load of extra options in that case but keep it relatively simple AND manageable. Squids (Dave Kerzner) can tell you all about that I am sure
    It is not that I don't value my music or anyone else's (as evidenced, I gladly purchased Squid's recent CD), I just feel that AI is a true labor of love. I don't feel a need to make $$ from my music since it is not my day job and I don't rely on music, whether gigging, composing, mixing, etc., for my livelihood (I wish I did though) As crappy and generally unfulfilling as my day job is (trademark/copyright lawyer), it pays the bills so that I can make music for the sheer enjoyment of it.

I was gonna say, you aren't that stupid! Doubted you could construct such a mess of a post.

I absolutely love the Ad Infinitum album, would more than gladly financially support any new music from you. Someone mentioned Cathedral, I also sought and got both their CDs a few months ago just because you played on them. Sure they don't sound anything like AI but I'm a bit of a completist.

So of you decide to do any sort of fundraiser I'm in, heck I'll even throw in a few extra bucks in case you need a green screen for the making of DVD.

Thanks to everyone (even Progbear) for the support. Gave me a needed emotional lift when I really needed one. Much love and appreciation to a great group of blokes and blokesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge View Post

So of you decide to do any sort of fundraiser I'm in, heck I'll even throw in a few extra bucks in case you need a green screen for the making of DVD.
    I'm only paying if there's a DVD with green screen!
    What if the Hokey Cokey really IS what it's all about?

[The prog community still buys a lot of CDs.]

That's because we are caught between two worlds. For one thing many of us started buying cds in the eighties(and for some it was our first medium) and have a 30 year history with them. Also, we aren't really hipsters so we don't automatically buy vinyl because we think it somehow makes us cool. We tend to like what we like without apologies. We do tend to prefer a physical format over digital downloads for the most part. The cd still does have some advantages over vinyl. If not the sound quality then at least the fact you can put it on without having to get up and flip the album over 20 minutes later plus you can fit more music on it.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
    I absolutely love the Ad Infinitum album, would more than gladly financially support any new music from you. Someone mentioned Cathedral, I also sought and got both their CDs a few months ago just because you played on them. Sure they don't sound anything like AI but I'm a bit of a completist.

One of the very first albums I bought when I discovered the prog revival in the mid 90's was Cathedral's "There In The Shadows" album. I need to dig it out and give it a listen as it has been a while.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    "On Ambien" would be a good title.

Actually the title will be PROG BY NUMBERS.

^^ "Scrotum's Bane"

Higgledy Piggledy, mama's shoes are Frostd. goes long way into the tomrrow

I saw this new music video by Ad Infinitum and was excited that the follow up was finally happening! Alas, it is a different band that is now using the name: