Thread: Vintage Tull show on YT

Vintage Tull show on YT

I thought you all might enjoy this... The original (er, near-original) Tull were such a fantastic band so it is great to have a (full show?) document of it.

Versions of this show have been circulating for a long time, BUT... This new version is much better quality, and for the first time ever the 20-minute Barre/Bunker improv at the end actually has listenable sound throughout.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Thanks, Arturs.

Anyone know if this is on Dime or something?

There is an old version up on Dime, but it has a huge timecode in the middle of the screen. And there is audio for only the first 50 mins. or so.

Hopefully someone is working on a legitimate release for this. Too bad they didn't put this on the recent Tull DVD box set. Would be great to see in lossless format!

Spectacular stuff, no doubt about it. I've always loved the early versions of "My God" too, every version I've heard of it from 1970, be it live or demo, blows away the Aqualung version.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Whatever happened to the "Jewish Christian Muslim" who was waiting to be free?

The headliner of this show, The Who were pretty good too! Tull was the opening act (at Pete's request i believe)!
    "Wouldn't it be odd, if there really was a God, and he looked down on Earth and saw what we've done to her?" -- Adrian Belew ('Men In Helicopters')