Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DISTRICT 97: "In Vaults" June 23rd

Okay, the rest of the album is sinking in this morning. Definitely right up there with TWM.
    <sig out of order>

Tomorrow night, A-HA A-HA!!
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    Tomorrow night, A-HA A-HA!!
    Yes! Looking forward to seeing you there in Milwaukee.

Just had my first listen to "In Vaults." It's really good; actually, I think it's the best one yet! Great recording and production too; it sounds huge! I like the mix of consonant and dissonant harmonies; really nice writing... and playing! If all prog-metal was this good, I'd be a much bigger fan of the genre. As a matter of fact I think this may be the best prog-metal album I've heard. But screw genres; it's just great music! Kudos!

BTW, Leslie's husband, Chris Siebold is a buddy of mine. Well, maybe we're not that close; I just recently found out that he not only got married to Leslie, but is a father to be. But I guess by not being on Facebook, I'm out of the loop with what's going on with everybody. Chris is a monster guitar player btw; an extremely gifted player with chops to die for!

Anyway, you should be very proud of your band and this album, Jonathan!

Good news for all you audiophiles out there! Laser's Edge has just made in Vaults available for download in 24 bit/96 khz resolution. Check it out at https://lasersedge.bandcamp.com/albu...hi-res-edition.

Glad so many are digging the album!

We just released a new video shot in the studio for "Snow Country" today. Check it out:

Prog Magazine's story about it is here: http://prog.teamrock.com/news/2015-0...-country-video

And here's the Press Release, which contains some other breaking news, like WE'RE GOING TO EUROPE NEXT SPRING! http://www.earsplitcompound.com/site...n-lasers-edge/

Cool, yeah, saw Leslie's post this morning. Hoping to catch you at Reggie's!

Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post
    Cool, yeah, saw Leslie's post this morning. Hoping to catch you at Reggie's!
    Hope you can! Gonna be the last chance to see us for several months.

Note to self: Call Sonus members to find a bed/couch for the 21st.

I'd really like to make it, and will certainly try.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I am loving this band and album a lot. Right out of the gate In Vaults grabbed my attention and held it through out. I played it at work yesterday and one of my co-workers is now a fan as well. I especially like that final track; Blinding Vision. What more can I say but WELL DONE!
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I am loving this band and album a lot. Right out of the gate In Vaults grabbed my attention and held it through out. I played it at work yesterday and one of my co-workers is now a fan as well. I especially like that final track; Blinding Vision. What more can I say but WELL DONE!
    Very cool, thanks for spreading the word! Must be a nice place to work

And Geex, we'd love if you can make it next Friday as it will be a rather special show. We missed you in Milwaukee last month!