Thread: House of Blues, North Myrtle Beach

House of Blues, North Myrtle Beach

Hi, Has anyone been to a show at the above venue? I'll be down that way in April, noticed that Blackberry Smoke was playing there, and remembered I had seen a thread about them here. I'd like to go see them with my wife, the website indicayes theta general admission is all standing, that won't fly with the Miss's. I'd appreciate any info on quality of the dinners offered in order to get seated.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jglfan View Post
    Hi, Has anyone been to a show at the above venue? I'll be down that way in April, noticed that Blackberry Smoke was playing there, and remembered I had seen a thread about them here. I'd like to go see them with my wife, the website indicayes theta general admission is all standing, that won't fly with the Miss's. I'd appreciate any info on quality of the dinners offered in order to get seated.

Thanks!
    I have never been to the one you mention, but have been to the House Of Blues in Las Vegas, Orlando, and Chicago. They all had similar set ups with an open floor with a raised bar area (with tables) in the back. All 3 had balcony areas also, but with different set ups. The Vegas one has a big wrap around balcony with theater type seating. Chicago has several levels of balcony, but they were just standing if I remember right. Orlando……can’t remember. Bottom line for all 3 of them, if you wanted to get a seat (either table or balcony) you had to get there early. Hope this helps.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    There must be lots of reviews online, and I support your right to ask on PE, but can't you pretty much guess what the dinners will be like? Average or slightly below BBQ, an ok burger, grilled chicken sandwich.

Thanks Steve, I haven't been to a House of Blues so wasn't sure what to expect. To JKL's point, I did indeed check some reviews, and they were as expected, all over the place. Predominantly viewed as pedestrian, though some loved it. Without knowing a little about the posters, useless (just like music recommendations here!). Some people are easy to please, others complain about most everything. If there were someone here who has been there and offered their opinion, I'd have more faith in it. One woman wrote her review about how the workers at the place were poor, she witnessed underage drinking and people smoking (it says on the website it is a non smoking venue) even the help were smoking. She was REALLY upset about this. I don't smoke but have always thought the whole smoking ban is over done. I was down in the area at the Xmas/New Years holidays and on a Sunday went to a sports bar to watch football, and there was smoking. I don't care for the smell, but was glad there was still some freedom. A lot of people say they have the right to go to a bar and not inhale second hand smoke, I reply they have the right to stay the hell out of bars which allow smoking. Ultimately, the owner/operator of a bar should be allowed to determine if they will allow smoking, knowing they will lose the business of the non smokers if they do. There will be plently of places to cater to each group, I'm sure.

Anyway, just wanted to see if the place was a complete dump where I would regret paying extra ( I have to call to find out what the ticket price is for the seated area)

Thanks for the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    There must be lots of reviews online, and I support your right to ask on PE, but can't you pretty much guess what the dinners will be like? Average or slightly below BBQ, an ok burger, grilled chicken sandwich.
    I have only eaten at the one in Orlando. I would say it is pretty average stuff. Not bad, but not great either. All of the ones that I have been at have had the restaurant and concert venue separated. I don’t think you could eat in the concert venue, although I could be wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by jglfan View Post

Anyway, just wanted to see if the place was a complete dump where I would regret paying extra ( I have to call to find out what the ticket price is for the seated area)

Thanks for the replies!
    I would not consider any of the ones I have been to be dumps. In fact they were all great places to see concerts. Big stage, great sound, full production. If I had one in my area I would certainly frequent it for shows.