Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UK North American Tour Dates for 2015

UK North American Tour Dates for 2015

I didn't see this posted here yet.

UK is playing in San Francisco on Tuesday, April 21 at the Regency Ballroom. http://www.goldenvoice.com/#/event/270289

Does anyone have any more dates yet? Looking for Los Angeles date(s).

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Eddie "The Extortionate Snail" Jobson

He'll part you from your money - one of these years.

Tickets range from $65-$99. That's expensive for that venue -- about 3X what anybody playing there usually charges (the other expensive act coming to the Regency is ironically The Musical Box).
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

They know all you Prog mofos are rich.

The long-awaited U.S. dates for the final UK Tour have been announced! Three dates only (with the possible addition of one more on the West Coast - EJ extends his apologies to mid-America and Canada). They are as follows: April 21 in San Francisco; April 23 in Philadelphia; and April 24 in New York. Ticket information will be available for members of the Zealots Lounge within a few days, while public sales will follow in a week or so. All ticket information will be posted here in the events section as more details are confirmed. Oh! And, the line-up ... Eddie Jobson, John Wetton, Alex Machacek on guitar, with two drummers - Chad Wackerman, and Mike Mangini.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Rip off prices. Eddie needs to consider his fans.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    No thanks.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Wackerman and Mangini??

Wow.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Wackerman and Mangini??

Wow.
    Oh goody another 20 minute drum 'battle'.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I have seen EJ perform a number of times in recent years with either UK or UKZ and the shows were always very good. I hope that he adds an LA show to this tour. I will be there.

Best to bring at least a few $100 with you to the show, in case you want to buy a live DVD or a 4 Decades key chain at the merch booth.

Yeah, how about losing one of the two completely-capable-of-holding-down-the-drum-position-on-his-own-thank-you-very-much dudes and cut $20 off the ticket price?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

The Zealots' Lounge can go to hell! Creating that place was Eddie's first big mistake. Well, probably not the first. Anyone who belongs to the Zealots' Lounge is an a-hole! Bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Best to bring at least a few $100 with you to the show, in case you want to buy a live DVD or a 4 Decades key chain at the merch booth.
    For $60 Eddie will personally shove a red-hot poker up your a**.

amp?
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    The Zealots' Lounge can go to hell! Creating that place was Eddie's first big mistake. Well, probably not the first. Anyone who belongs to the Zealots' Lounge is an a-hole! Bite me!
    I was a charter member and I did get to meet him and Marco. John and Alex were nowhere to be found. I had my pic and my g/f's pic taken with Eddie to be posted on his facebook page. Somehow,his lady in charge of this lost our pics and we never did get to see them. I'll go to the show at the Regency mainly because I want to hear UK with Chad Wackerman and Mike Mangini. I will never join the lounge again though. I don't redux been there done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    I had my pic and my g/f's pic taken with Eddie to be posted on his facebook page. Somehow,his lady in charge of this lost our pics and we never did get to see them.
    Did you tip her? Man, if don't give Eddie's lady a very handsome tip... it'll be "Gosh I'm sorry, I misplaced those photos."

I'd love to see Mangini, however, no information on the highlife ballroom website. Apparently, zealots lounge patrons will get first crack at the tix.

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    Apparently, zealots lounge patrons will get first crack at the tix.
    They can have 'em. The Regency packs their tiny chairs so close together it's like being squeezed into a sardine can (and let's not forget that a lot of progheads are BIG dudes.)

My favorite place to see a show there is standing near the mixing board in the back. Which is conveniently near the bar.

I've seen every tour since the '70s. This will be no different. Except for knowing this will be the last (?) time for "U.K." Right?????
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I wish that he would decide to make new music, and go forward with UKZ, or something else.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    For $60 Eddie will personally shove a red-hot poker up your a**.
    That would be Eddie the Second.

I know EJ is a little greedy on the money side of things, but you know UK's NF 2012 was probably a top-10 lifetime concert experience for me. I've loved the band since I was about 12 and kept thinking "I can't believe I'm actually seeing this...". And for about three days after "I can't believe I actually saw that..." So, yeah, if and at all possible, whatever the ticket price I'm there (NYC or Philly that is).

The ticket prices are usually very reasonable...Highest I saw was 70-75 bucks....His business side leaves a little bit to be desired...Efff ur japan supplier....Use Burning Shed like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    They can have 'em. The Regency packs their tiny chairs so close together it's like being squeezed into a sardine can (and let's not forget that a lot of progheads are BIG dudes.)