Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: UK North American Tour Dates for 2015

The guy is putting together a band and wants to play and people are complaining? My KC tics didn't come cheap BTW. What do you think it takes to do this stuff w/o a record company contract?

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Anyone who belongs to the Zealots' Lounge is an a-hole! Bite me!
    I'm disappointed that nobody's cited this AFAICT in the eddiejobson.com/forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Tickets range from $65-$99. That's expensive for that venue -- about 3X what anybody playing there usually charges (the other expensive act coming to the Regency is ironically The Musical Box).
    Return to Forever played their reunion tour at The Regency for similar pricing. Most of the Regency events are GA only and run to $40, while the UK and Musical Box shows will be seated.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Can someone post the whole list of tour dates?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Can someone post the whole list of tour dates?
    The long-awaited U.S. dates for the final UK Tour have been announced! Three dates only (with the possible addition of one more on the West Coast - EJ extends his apologies to mid-America and Canada). They are as follows: April 21 in San Francisco (Regency Ballroom); April 23 at the World Cafe Live in Philadelphia; and April 24 at the Highline Ballroom in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    The long-awaited U.S. dates for the final UK Tour have been announced! Three dates only (with the possible addition of one more on the West Coast - EJ extends his apologies to mid-America and Canada). They are as follows: April 21 in San Francisco (Regency Ballroom); April 23 at the World Cafe Live in Philadelphia; and April 24 at the Highline Ballroom in NYC.
    Hardly a "tour". More like a few "one offs".

For you Bay Area folks, this just hit my inbox...

PRESALE OFFER
    Thursday 10am - 10pm
    Password: NEVERMORE

PUBLIC ON SALE
    Friday at 10am
    The link to get tickets is here.

I want to go, but am a bit tight on funds these days. Plus I've seen UK twice, once with the Machacek-Minneman lineup and once with Bozzio. I'd be surprised if this show tops either of those.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    For you Bay Area folks, this just hit my inbox...

The link to get tickets is here.

I want to go, but am a bit tight on funds these days. Plus I've seen UK twice, once with the Machacek-Minneman lineup and once with Bozzio. I'd be surprised if this show tops either of those.
    I'm so on the fence with this show. I love UK, haven't seen them and the Regency is a great venue. But, I stubbornly adhere to my general rules about being a cheapskate when it comes to tickets and even more so when it is for a 70's band.

Then again, haven't not seen them before trumps most of that .... thanks for letting me free think this through here on PE.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    I'm so on the fence with this show. I love UK, haven't seen them and the Regency is a great venue. But, I stubbornly adhere to my general rules about being a cheapskate when it comes to tickets and even more so when it is for a 70's band.

Then again, haven't not seen them before trumps most of that .... thanks for letting me free think this through here on PE.
    GO. It's your last ever opportunity to see the last of the original 70s proggers. How can you miss that?

If you haven't ever seen them then definitely go. It'll be worth the high ticket price and snug seating. Eddie hasn't lost an iota of chops, and it's always great seeing Wetton -- especially when he's playing just UK and Crimson material (I assume they'll mix in a KC tune or two as they have in the past). And the other guys on the stage are no slouches either. You'll definitely walk out feeling that you got your money's worth, and that you'll be happy you got a chance to see them before they go away for good (assuming Eddie keeps to his word about that).
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Ehhhhh...I'm not exactly a fan of Jobson's business model, and his shows tend to be a bit pricier than what I'd expect for an oldies act...

...that said, Jobson is a damned fine player, and his band is generally top shelf. Unlike other older bands where your enjoyment of the band relies HEAVILY on having to imagine what it would've sounded like 20-30 years ago...this UK brings the goods and then some.

I wouldn't pay to see it another time, but it'd probably be worth it for a first (and last) time.

Just use a little of that recouped coin from the MDF / PsychCA switcharoo, Brotha Eric
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

The best thing about going, especially for one who has never seen them, is knowing you won't kick yourself for not going.
    (And getting to see U.K.)
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    Hardly a "tour". More like a few "one offs".
    It's similar in scope to the '98 B.L.U.E. tours.

What's the over/under on how many of the 3 shows have a technical problem with Jobson's innovative folding keyboard rig?

It happened all three times that I've seen him since his return to activity.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    What are the odds of them getting on stage an hour later than anticipated?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Anyone who belongs to the Zealots' Lounge is an a-hole! Bite me!
    LOL. Thing is the Zealots Lounge in this day and age of free file sharing is really the way it should be. If you want to support an artist you really enjoy, why not throw them a few bucks.

As for me, I bought into the Zealots Lounge a couple years ago for something like $25. For that $25 I got invited to the sound check at the UK show at the Regency in San Francisco with maybe 8 or 9 other folks. Not only did we get treated to a couple songs that weren't in the evening's performance, but Eddie hung out with us for a solid 90 minutes and answered every question we possibly could have asked him. THEN, a couple days later I saw the show in Philly and as I was a Zealot got to attend Eddie's Master Class before the gig. The Master Class was incredible. It was a 90 minute lecture on music, prog, instruments, theory, you name it, from the coolest professor I've ever had. Oh and the reunion DVD (say what you want about quality) but it only cost me $5.

So, the $25 I spent for my membership in the Zealot's Lounge that year might just be the best $25 I have EVER spent on anything music related.

Batts said
    Just use a little of that recouped coin from the MDF / PsychCA switcharoo, Brotha Eric
    Ah I wish. That money was snapped up by the wife as soon as she learned PsychoCA was cheaper than MDF!

This will have to come from my "mad" money fund. Regardless, I have the presale time on my calendar and I'll see what I can get.

final tour? i hear it but it ain't over until the fat lady sings. too many times i've heard bands cry wolf only to reunite and tour. very few actually keep their word and retire.

I hate the Regency with their tiny little scrunched-in chairs. The wood floor doesn't help matters either. The Warfield is where these guys should be playing. Last year I saw King Crimson and Steve Hackett there and the sound is perfect in that theater. Just for the fact it is the Regency I now have decided not to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    I hate the Regency with their tiny little scrunched-in chairs. The wood floor doesn't help matters either. The Warfield is where these guys should be playing. Last year I saw King Crimson and Steve Hackett there and the sound is perfect in that theater. Just for the fact it is the Regency I now have decided not to go.
    They won't sell out the Regency, and there is no way this show would do well in the twice as big Warfield.

Quote Originally Posted by cazz View Post
    The guy is putting together a band and wants to play and people are complaining? My KC tics didn't come cheap BTW. What do you think it takes to do this stuff w/o a record company contract?

I'm with you and am psyched to see them again. the last Bozzio line-up gig was great and I'm sure this will be as well

this is the last decade for a lot of these guy's live careers. I will enjoy while I can

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    I typically hate anywhere with chairs and agree the Warfield is a much better venue, but like Richard points out, they wouldn't come close to selling out the Warfield AND in a seated show the Warfield set's up the same tiny little scrunched chairs on the floor.

I like The Regency for accessibility to the stage (I saw Symphony X there and was 5 feet from the band the entire show), the access to the neighborhood - I"ll take Mid-Van Ness over Mid-Market any day, and the overall size of the room and adjoining rooms - it never feels crowded in the lobby or anteroom. They do a good job with the sound, granted we have better clubs for sound (Fillmore and Warfield both), but The Regency is not a bad room at all.

Now, if they really wanted to play in an appropriate sized room Great American Music Hall would've been my choice.

I typically hate anywhere with chairs and agree the Warfield is a much better venue, but like Richard points out, they wouldn't come close to selling out the Warfield AND in a seated show the Warfield set's up the same tiny little scrunched chairs on the floor.

the venue that Eddie/UK plays here in Phila is the World Cafe and for his shows they've all been tables, a complete dinner vibe as that's pretty much what it is. it's a bit depressing to watch this music and have someone eating hummus nachos next to you but there you go. Belew Band has sold out these table set-ups twice

WC does have general admission standing and it's preferable and seems to skew towards the bookings that sell better. I've seen Camper Van Beethoven, the Feelies, Dr Dog play sold out g/a gigs and will be seeing The Church there in a few weeks

I'm grateful that he's playing as I never had the chance previously

No Holdsworth, no UK for me.

D6 - I'm still shaking from having spent $117 for a concert ticket.