Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Ca$h Cow" Things That Never Happened

Someone posted this on Yesfans a few years back concerning QPR:

The tapes were found in 2006. Alan & Steve were there when they were presented to the band. I worked for a major restoration company then and it was shopped to us but the money was bad so we passed. The trunks they were in had masonite chipboard utility drawers and I am sure there is green mold on the tapes but anything is do-able just get out the magnifying glass and the cue tips. I guess the band at the time was not interested in getting the tapes back so the case company made a big stink in finding them so they could give them back! Oh well, time is clicking away on the greatest recorded version of CTTE that Steve Howe ever played!

Another oen I just thought of: Runaways reunion. We never got a full blown, honest to God Runaways reunion. Nobody could ever get Joan, Sandy, Cherie, and Lita back together long enough for it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Another oen I just thought of: Runaways reunion. We never got a full blown, honest to God Runaways reunion. Nobody could ever get Joan, Sandy, Cherie, and Lita back together long enough for it to happen.
    Joan's the hold-out now, apparently. Probably because her career's in better shape. :

Obviously, they couldn't do a proper reunion now that Sandy has passed, but it would be cool to see Joan, Lita and Cherie play together again.

Quote Originally Posted by profusion View Post
    Joan's the hold-out now, apparently. Probably because her career's in better shape. :

Obviously, they couldn't do a proper reunion now that Sandy has passed, but it would be cool to see Joan, Lita and Cherie play together again.
    I would imagine it would have been both Joan and Lita, given the fact they're the ones with the most viable solo careers. A few years ago, I think when Sandy was still alive, I read on IMDB that the "fly in the ointment" was that Joan, invariably, would be "getting ready to record an album" or "getting ready to go on tour" or "just finished a tour", etc. And from there Lita would take the attitude of, "Well if she doesn't want to do it, neither do I!"

Cookie Monster Guitarist Onomatopoeic's Avatar
    And Black Sabbath never released that concert film... ...isn't there concert footage of the band from the 70's that's never been issued?

Yes, the Paris 1970 show. Yorkshire TV has broadcast the entire 35mm film with stereo soundtrack a few years ago. It's currently online at YouTube. The video and audio quality is excellent, as the performance.

I suspect there will someday be a DVD or BluRay of that Paris 1970 film. Maybe they could put some of the Sabbath footage from the 1974 California Jam movie on the same disc?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The Spice Girls fighting each other to the death.

The Spice Girls fighting in a pit of baby oil would be sufficient, really.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    The Spice Girls fighting in a pit of baby oil would be sufficient, really.
    I always thought they were all pretty rancid. Actually, I never took a good look at them because their horrible, proto-Chav quality and the stupid names repulsed me.

Rolling Stones have yet to do a proper vinyl re-release of Sticky Fingers - that'd sell more than a few copies.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I always thought they were all pretty rancid. Actually, I never took a good look at them because their horrible, proto-Chav quality and the stupid names repulsed me.
    This. A more horrible bunch of slappers you never saw. Fetch me a ten foot pole.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Yea, this is why you never had sex with them.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre View Post
    This. A more horrible bunch of slappers you never saw. Fetch me a ten foot pole.
    They're better than The Runaways.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Yea, this is why you never had sex with them.
    It's why I never thought of them as sexual beings. Let alone musical.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    They're better than The Runaways.
    That's a good a way to get yourself punched in the face where I'm from.

Having said that, I always that Sporty Spice was kinda hot.

I always thought that Sporty Spice was kinda hot.
    Is that a Spice Girl or a Smurf?