Thread: Kevin Gilbert-related "Tales From The Treefort"

Kevin Gilbert-related "Tales From The Treefort"

With the "Thud"-rerelease and all those other fine new versions with Kevin Gilbert I wonder if there are plans to do something with the album "Tales From The Treefort", which was released by J. Scott Smith in 2002. It was a private release, which forced CD-buyers to search for additional cover-information and lyrics. A proper re-release would fit.

I'm guessing no plans. Other than it being sold at pp1, the estate didn't have involvement as far as I know. It looks like it's still available at pp1.

as weird as this sounds, I've never heard this record. It seems the Popplusone website is down right now, but given Kevin's involvement in this, I don't why I wouldn't want to pick it up.

It's a fun and interesting time capsule. Kevin played keys on a few things and mixed a song but it's a Scott record. Some very good things on it. (Full disclosure. Scott asked me to be the "barometer" (extra set of ears) and offer opinion or (power of) suggestion on it before it was released. I was honored )