Thread: Amazon question

Amazon question

As an amazon affiliate, if someone takes a link on your site and buys a product at Amazon, sold by a vendor but fulfilled by Amazon, with Prime free-delivery option, does the affiliate still get commission? might sound like a trick question but I'd really like to know the answer.

I know that ProgRock.com is an affiliate, and they do state that if you click throught their affiliate link and order something, they get a very small percentage of the total. They say it's not much, but that every bit helps.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Here's another Amazon question: if you're returning an item to an Amazon third party seller, are they allowed to charge a restocking fee? I'm returning an item and the seller wants to charge me a 20% restocking fee.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Here's another Amazon question: if you're returning an item to an Amazon third party seller, are they allowed to charge a restocking fee? I'm returning an item and the seller wants to charge me a 20% restocking fee.
    Technically they can charge a 20% re-stocking fee - which is essentially them covering the commission Amazon got. From my understanding, CD's and movies do not have the non-refunded Amazon commission...but apparently computers and other sorts of things have that clause. --Peter

Not a question, but one thing about Amazon that's sort of annoying is when you want to log out, the only way you can do so is to select "I'm not jkl2000" or whatever your login is. As if to imply that you would never want to log out of Amazon, unless it was only to log in with your account as opposed to someone else's. Why not just call it Log Out like EVERYONE else?

Suspended
    ^^ It does say "Sign out" on mine, I agree though, what's with this "Not Bob?"? Yes I am Bob, and yes I do want to sign out. Deal with it.

Remember when Amazon used to be filled with peoples' top 10 lists? I'd totally forgotten about that. It was kind of useful.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    ^^ It does say "Sign out" on mine, I agree though, what's with this "Not Bob?"? Yes I am Bob, and yes I do want to sign out. Deal with it.