Thread: Primus On Tour

Primus On Tour

Primus is on the next leg of their Chocolate Factory tour, it's a trip well worth taking

2015 PRIMUS TOUR DATES
    http://primusville.com/tour/

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    Primus is on the next leg of their Chocolate Factory tour, it's a trip well worth taking

2015 PRIMUS TOUR DATES
    http://primusville.com/tour/
    Just got tickets for the Kalamazoo State Theater show. Gonna kick ass me thinks!

The closest show is ATL, and it's a festival. Rats.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Sailing the seas of cheeze is an all time classic. I "found" about 6 cds of live primus at a thrift store, (looks like downloaded stuff with homemade cases) I Want to give it all a listen... Need more time.
    Still alive and well...

thanks for the heads-up. I'm gonna treat myself to a Primus birthday present at the Palace in L'ville. I saw them last time when they were touring Green Naugahyde. Best light show ever. I am not a fan of Duo de Twang.
    Last edited by davis; 02-02-2015 at 08:23 AM.

How does Primus get on the main board here? they're experimental alright; are they considered progressive?

...and as usual Austin lives up to the name of live music capital of the world by not hosting another good band. I see more groups side-step this town... ugh.

I'm really glad they include L'ville. some bands I'd like to see, the closest they come is Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    How does Primus get on the main board here? they're experimental alright; are they considered progressive?
    in my book hell yes.

just wait 'till you see the 'Chocolate Factory' part of the show.

Too bad, no West Coast dates.

I wonder if all of the golden-ticket albums have been found.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    ...and as usual Austin lives up to the name of live music capital of the world by not hosting another good band. I see more groups side-step this town... ugh.
    Even OKC has a date!

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    in my book hell yes.

just wait 'till you see the 'Chocolate Factory' part of the show.
    I wasn't going to get that CD cause I haven't seen the movie, but from what I've heard of it, I need to get it. I tried to buy tix last night but couldn't.

IMO i find the Chocolate Factory stuff nauseatingly bad...wasn't the re-make worse enough? It's like The Residents but without it being interesting.

i DO like Primus to the extent where you realize they're a riff-based (albeit always GOOD riffs) jam band.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post

They already played the West Coast on this tour. They were in Seattle on January 3rd at the Paramount.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post

I bought the album from the merch table, opened it the next day and saw the vinyl was not dark brown but more of a golden caramel color, i was freaking out. Turns out there was no certificate stating that i had the golden ticket but instead card telling me of the great adventures i'm about to experience. A week later Primus announced on facebook that they did have a winner who purchased the record from the same St Louis show, dammit, i was that close.
    That's the only one i know of so far.

I was unaware of this golden ticket contest ... I just listened to the samples at amazon. comes across to me like 40 minutes of low-key madness that I shall add to my CD collection.
    Last edited by davis; 02-03-2015 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    They already played the West Coast on this tour. They were in Seattle on January 3rd at the Paramount.
    Huh. Thanks. I had no idea, and I'm usually on top of who's rolling through town.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex Carnage View Post
    IMO i find the Chocolate Factory stuff nauseatingly bad...wasn't the re-make worse enough? It's like The Residents but without it being interesting.

i DO like Primus to the extent where you realize they're a riff-based (albeit always GOOD riffs) jam band.
    I've been a Primus fan or a pretty long time, not fanboy level but i do have a great appreciation for their music. I actually avoided the Chocolate Factory based on some negative feedback from other Primus fans with comments such as 'too dark' or 'ok background music at best'. On a whim I grabbed a couple of tickets to their show thinking this Chocolate Factory might be best experienced live without hearing a note of it prior. My hunch payed huge dividends, I own pretty much the whole catalog and this is probably my favorite Primus album.

It'll hold it's own against Meet The Residents (I'm sure they nauseated plenty in their time which is ok in my book, hey, one guys nausea is another's Haley's M-O).

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    The closest show is ATL, and it's a festival. Rats.
    Not sure if I want to drive to Hershey, especially with the expectation of more than one Rush show imminent.

LIVE. NOW. :: 10/29/17 :: The Capitol Theatre, NY ::
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

The Imaginarium Of Dr Claypool

Just saw Primus last sunday, first off - I've had the Desaturating Seven for a little while now and it's an excellent album, should work well for fans of either concept albums or Primus (the clear splattered vinyl is cool as hell!).
    The concert was off the charts fantastic, the band is playing better than ever. First half of show were lots of deep cuts from Frizzle Fry on forward, 2nd half was the whole Desaturating album and 3 extra long jams (Southbound Pachyderm was outta this world!). I've been checking setlist from other cities and they are playing a different set every night with the exception of the inclusion of the whole new album.
    In my mind Primus has really evolved into this very engaging psychedelic band with some amazing chops that are tastefully executed and plenty of fury from the old days. I'm thinking the Delerium project with Sean Lennon was time well spent (i hope there's more). The good news is these guys look like they enjoy the shit out of what they're doing and should have many good years ahead of them.

Edit - i didn't realize the video above was a whole show from a couple of weeks ago - amazing that this kind of stuff is so readily available.
    Last edited by progholio; 11-10-2017 at 10:19 AM.

I saw them a few years ago and it was great.