Page 2 of 328 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Better Call Saul. I'm predicting.
    same.

I also am looking forward to Backstrom with Rainn Wilson, but I don't expect it to get renewed given it's a midseason replacement.

Librarians is way better than the TV movies. We're liking it. And Blacklist is pretty good, though I'm still waiting for it to really hit high gear. .
    my gf and I watch Blacklist and The Goldbergs every week, although they are good, but not amazing. The Librarians I liked, although the thief kid is a little annoying.

For those who like explorations into things that go bump in the night, particularly in Victorian times, check out the Showtime series Penny Dreadful. A singular vision, there's just the a few anachronisms, and TREMENDOUS acting via Eva Green and Timothy Dalton. I cannot wait for the next season. Here's my blog post on it from last summer.

http://jeroljohnson.org/2014/07/10/t...-be-unleashed/
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Good call & I agree.

House Of Cards, Orange Is The New Black, Lilyhammer, Real Time w/Maher, Banshee, Masters Of Sex

Guilty Pleasures: Undercover Boss, any and all of the tattoo shows

I watch most of those Steve. Lilyhammer is a gem!! but Norwegian made...Jusified is a plethora of amazing characters with a really witty dialogue and it's US made
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

The Walking Dead
    Mad Men
    True Detective
    Game of Thrones
    Antique Roadshow
    Shark Tank
    The Carbonaro Effect
    Impractical Jokers
    Independent Lens
    Louie CK
    Judge Judy
    Constantine a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post

Judge Judy
    I will actually watch Judy Sheindlin if I'm home and she's on, because she looks AND SPEAKS exactly like my beloved late aunt Rosa, who was every bit as much my mother as my mother, and it really does, for that moment in time, take me back to my youth.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    I watch most of those Steve. Lilyhammer is a gem!! but Norwegian made...Jusified is a plethora of amazing characters with a really witty dialogue and it's US made
    Once we finish Orange Is The New Black this is the next one I plan to check out on Netflix.

I forgot about The Walking Dead. Both my wife and I enjoy that.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post

The Curse Of Oak Island

s.
    I have to admit “Curse Of Oak Island” kind of hooked me as well. They were doing a marathon one weekend that I did not have anything going on and I ended watching a good chunk of season 1. The show is really pretty ridiculous and I have all the confidence in the world that they are never going to find anything of any value on the island, but it is kind of like a car wreck that I can’t turn away from when I happen to be flipping channels. I think I have only seen one or two episodes of season 2.

Justified.

honorable mention to The Americans....

Looking forward to Better Call Saul and Season 3 of House of Cards at the end of February...
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I have to admit “Curse Of Oak Island” kind of hooked me as well. They were doing a marathon one weekend that I did not have anything going on and I ended watching a good chunk of season 1. The show is really pretty ridiculous and I have all the confidence in the world that they are never going to find anything of any value on the island, but it is kind of like a car wreck that I can’t turn away from when I happen to be flipping channels. I think I have only seen one or two episodes of season 2.
    My brother and his wife got me into this one. I was familiar with the back story and the rumors/legends, having read histories on the Templars/Roslyn Chapel/Cathars, etc years ago. The show keeps your interest, and I think it's far more likely that if anything is found, it'll be pirate treasure rather than major Western religious artifacts, but the evidence does point to something being there, and therein lies the hook.

Stalker
    Forever
    How to Get Away With Murder

lost interest (or could no longer follow) POI, The Americans, Resurrection (are they ever going to explain how the dead are able to resurrect?)
    Last edited by UnephenStephen; 01-31-2015 at 06:06 PM.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Dave - Lilyhammer was conceived in the US by Americans (incl Springsteen's pal) and then pitched to the Norwegians, so I figured what the hell....

Van Zandt didn't even have to learn a new role. Silvio works.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

they are planning to adapt (The) School of Rock into a TV Series I guess

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4129004/?ref_=nv_sr_2

a dude from Hart Dixie is to play the Jack Black Dewey Finn role.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    For those who like explorations into things that go bump in the night, particularly in Victorian times, check out the Showtime series Penny Dreadful. A singular vision, there's just the a few anachronisms, and TREMENDOUS acting via Eva Green and Timothy Dalton. I cannot wait for the next season. Here's my blog post on it from last summer.

http://jeroljohnson.org/2014/07/10/t...-be-unleashed/
    Thanks for the tip. Victorian spooky is my favourite type of storyline on tv, film and in literature.

Another one I forgot it "The Nick" on Cinamax. Off season right now, but will be coming back.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Deadly women
    Cutthroat Kitchen
    Chopped
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I will actually watch Judy Sheindlin if I'm home and she's on, because she looks AND SPEAKS exactly like my beloved late aunt Rosa, who was every bit as much my mother as my mother, and it really does, for that moment in time, take me back to my youth.
    just go on youtube

Cutthroat Kitchen is freaking awesome.

I forgot Forensic Files, which has been rerun under assorted names (Cause of Death on ID). They just had on one I had never seen before about the 1984 bioterrorism attack on The Dalles in Oregon by the Rajneesh cult

So far, my favorite sabotages include the Culinary Zones (with twins, in which two brothers and the brother of another competitor were forced to cook only in zones one person was allowed to occupy at a time), Deal with the Devil (on the Halloween episode, where a competitor could force the elimination of another competitor instead of himself but had to pay a price the rest of the game-which was he could not buy any sabotages), the hammock as a prep table (the dude had an utter meltdown), the tail gates on the backs of two competitors (Yaku, who was over six foot tall and a short, commandeering woman named Jenny), the blueberry cartons as mixing and cooking vessels.....i'll think of more in a bit.

Lamest sabotage: the fucking Farmer's Insurance that protected you from a sabotage (I still think that was because the chef, a former football player, was contracted to endorse Farmer's-no other chefs bid on it and every time the chef mentioned it, he said "Farmer's insurance". It was also used immediately and in a demonstrative way).

Best wins:

Eric Greenspan spending only 400$ of 25000$ because his opponent only had 100$ left and Greenspan big 200$ each on two sabotages.
    Aarti Sequiera actually making chicken in a can the star of her dish (she won that episode)
    Chef Kyle being the first and only guy to win 25k$ despite getting hit heavily with sabotages (he should be an Iron Chef just for that feat alone).

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    American Horror Story (have to get the third season set from the library to get all caught up
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Warning, the drop off after that season is severe enough to make you reach for the memory bleach.
    Well, this last season (4) was probably the worst and the one before was the second worst. But I liked all of them to varying degrees. Great cast, for staters! The writing has gone downhill, but one thing you can never call it is predictable. If there's a season 5, I'll be there for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    Bates Motel
    It's wacked; I like it! Wondering when they're going to have another season.

Better Call Saul. I'm predicting.
    I'll be tuning in!

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I want to get into Modern Family (I have the first 3 seasons on DVD) but I am very annoyed by the use of non-stationary cameras.
    Try to get past that; it's worth it! I think it's the best sitcom in a very long time. Great cast, great writing, great characters! And I SO appreciate that there's no laugh track; I HATE those!

That covers it for me for the most part, except for the shows I watch with my lady only because she likes them, like "Dance Moms." Actually, the dancing is enjoyable, it's those moms that make me want to throw the remote at the tube. She also likes the Investigation Discovery Channel (which I call the "Murder Channel" ). I would never turn that stuff on of my own free will, but I do tend to get caught up in those stories; I guess it's my morbid curiosity.

I think Modern Family has dropped off in the last season or two but damn, it has had its moments. The "godfather" ending to an episode in season four made me laugh at an intensity that almost approached Archer levels.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

That one Celebrity Chef also won the full amount in the charity edition...

Not brand new, but my wife and I have been watching “Fargo” on DVD and finding it very good. Apparently they are coming back with a 2nd season, but it will be a different cast taking place at a different point in time.

will have to check that out. Been watching season 4 of Joe Kenda on YT.

hey No Pride in the windy city: re Bates Motel, hang around. http://www.aetv.com/bates-motel