Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I may pass on Stranger Things 3. When you watch a show just to constantly point out all the plot holes, it may be time to move on...
    Sounds like it's just not for you then.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I thought Season 2 of Stranger Things was just as good. Very much looking forward to Season 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I'm with Klonky.
    Same here. I never thought we'd get a mainstream TV show that deals with kids going up against Lovecraftian horrors from a parallel dimension. The Duffer brothers really leaned into that aspect with the Mind Flayer in season 2. Then add in that the characters are all so likable (at least IMO), and it's hard not to love this show.

The trailer looks fantastic, and the budget seems to have been upped considerably. Definitely seems like they've been inspired by John Carpenter's "The Thing", and I cannot wait to see how it all plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Sounds like it's just not for you then.
    I will probably give it a shot anyway. I have already watched the first two. However I won't hesitate to move on if it becomes too predictable or insipid.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Then add in that the characters are all so likable (at least IMO), and it's hard not to love this show.
    This is a big part of it, IMO. I like watching the characters interact and do their thing. And I also enjoy the nostalgia.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    This is a big part of it, IMO. I like watching the characters interact and do their thing. And I also enjoy the nostalgia.
    +1
    This conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    The nostalgia is a huge part of the draw for me. The early 80's theme is near and dear to me as a kid who was born in '71. Can't help, but reflect the whole time watching.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

I was already 18 in 1984, and already living as an "adult" in many ways. if the show took place in the mid to late 70s I'd probably buy into the nostalgia theme more...

I will probably give it a shot anyway. I have already watched the first two. However I won't hesitate to move on if it becomes too predictable or insipid.
    Hard to believe we're talking about the same show here.

The nostalgia is a huge part of the draw for me. The early 80's theme is near and dear to me as a kid who was born in '71. Can't help, but reflect the whole time watching.
    I was born in 1984, so my 80s experience was limited to the latter half -- but I still enjoy the nostalgia.

I was already 18 in 1984, and already living as an "adult" in many ways. if the show took place in the mid to late 70s I'd probably buy into the nostalgia theme more...
    Cmon...you were still playing with Lego's at 18. The only thing was that you were listening to metal in the background Admit it!

I can handle the little plot inconsistencies in Stranger Things far better than the "and now someone will do something incredibly stupid to advance the plot" trope on Walking Dead. And they did that over and over and over...
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I can handle the little plot inconsistencies in Stranger Things far better than the "and now someone will do something incredibly stupid to advance the plot" trope on Walking Dead. And they did that over and over and over...
    The Walking Dead is even to shitty now for me to handle. Now that's bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Yes, thank you for saying this.

Cmon...you were still playing with Lego's at 18. The only thing was that you were listening to metal in the background Admit it!
    I was too high to put 2 pieces of Lego together... 1982 to 1985 is, for the most part, a huge hole in my memory.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I was too high to put 2 pieces of Lego together... 1982 to 1985 is, for the most part, a huge hole in my memory.
    Mine was between 1976 and 1980. A day without dope was like a say without sunshine.