Page 29 of 328 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fav US TV series

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I've only watched one episode too, looks promising
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I watched the first episode of Luke Cage last night and was pretty impressed. Not sure what I expected, but it had more of a Blaxploitation feel than I thought it would. Looking forward to more.
    What network is that on?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    What network is that on?
    Netflix
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Oh, OK thanks. Leaves me out for now.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Oh, OK thanks. Leaves me out for now.
    It might be available through Amazon Prime, too.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I loved the series that the Luke Cage series was spun off from (Jessica Jones), with Krysten Ritter from "The Bitch in Apt.23" as a quasi-super power hottie who recruits Luke Cage, but I love Krysten Ritter.

Will have to check out Luke on his own.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I loved the series that the Luke Cage series was spun off from (Jessica Jones), with Krysten Ritter from "The Bitch in Apt.23" as a quasi-super power hottie who recruits Luke Cage, but I love Krysten Ritter.

Will have to check out Luke on his own.
    Haven't seen this one yet, but this is why I only watched one episode. I didn't realize before I watched that it was a spin-off. I'm a stickler for watching/reading/etc. in order. Jessica Jones is next up.

The OA.

It's on Netflix.

0 out of 6 hours... of my life I'll never get back. A colossal waste of time.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    The OA.

It's on Netflix.

0 out of 6 hours... of my life I'll never get back. A colossal waste of time.
    Only watched 2 episodes so far but I'm enjoying it.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Only watched 2 episodes so far but I'm enjoying it.
    Wait.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I'm really liking the OA as well. I'm through 3 episodes.

I'm fascinated by Leah Remini's A & E expose of Scientology, the closest thing to Nazi Germany on the planet masquerading as a religion (they even wear uniforms & salute their superiors in the hierarchy). In the 80s, I worked with someone who left Scientology who because of that was "disconnected" by and had not spoken to her mother or 2 siblings for over 8 years!, so when Leah (& her partner Mike Rinner, former Scientology big shot who also woke up) talk to people (several so far, and the series is probably going to have a season 2) who break down telling similar horror stories, I believe it.

In addition to exposing the atrocities (people being beaten up as well!), they are also working with attorneys to try to build a case to take to court to eliminate Scientology's tax exempt status, which would go a long way to cripple the evil empire.
    Last edited by progeezer; 01-07-2017 at 10:55 AM.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

We're getting set to watch The OA once we are done with Black Mirror season 3, I've heard mostly good things.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Black Mirror is on my list to check out.
    Ian

I really like it. It's kind of like a modern Twilight Zone in some ways - each episode is a completely separate story, all with different actors, with the general theme being the evils of modern (and near-future) technology. It's a tad frightening because most of the stuff they show I could see happening.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I LOVE Black Mirror! I'm savouring the episodes by only watching them one at a time in between other shows...Currently finishing up Hell On Wheels. A good series but 5 seasons is long enough....
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I LOVE Black Mirror! I'm savouring the episodes by only watching them one at a time in between other shows...Currently finishing up Hell On Wheels. A good series but 5 seasons is long enough....
    Yeah...loved Hell On Wheels at first, but man did it get boring towards the end zzz
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

So far I'm enjoying OA and Black Mirror has been pretty cool. A couple duds, but overall excellent. About to start season 3.

Watching The Crown with the wife as she's a huge royalty nut, surprisingly enjoying it, seems reasonably historically accurate & doesn't flinch from portraying some of their character defects.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    So far I'm enjoying OA and Black Mirror has been pretty cool. A couple duds, but overall excellent. About to start season 3.
    OA is in my on-deck circle... Black Mirror had 2 so-so episodes in the first 2 seasons. The Christmas episode was probably my favorite! On to season 3 (though I inadvertently started watching it at season 3 because of the way Netflix served it up to me).
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    OA is in my on-deck circle... Black Mirror had 2 so-so episodes in the first 2 seasons. The Christmas episode was probably my favorite! On to season 3 (though I inadvertently started watching it at season 3 because of the way Netflix served it up to me).
    Yes! That episode was awesome. I thought Waldo the cartoon dog episode was kinda lame. I'm probably going to finish up the OA season and then jump into season 3 of Black Mirror

Guess I'll be checking out Black Mirror after I'm done with OA.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Yeah...loved Hell On Wheels at first, but man did it get boring towards the end zzz
    I too thought the final season was a bit of a letdown. Can't quite put my finger on exactly what it was, but the writing seemed to just kind of peter out like they were just trying to get it over with.

I really liked The Crown. Lithgow was particularly impressive.

Finished the first two seasons of Black Mirror, will start on 3 soon. Watched the first two episodes of The OA and am intrigued enough to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Wait.
    Do your feelings have anything to do with "movements?" I've just reached this point and I'm now fairly uncomfortable

I'll leave it at that so I don't get yelled at