Page 89 of 330 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 8227

Thread: Current fav US TV series

I'm definitely hooked after episode 1 on Hulu's The First, with Sean Penn & Natascha McElhone (Californication, Designated Survivor, Solaris.....) about the first manned space voyage to Mars. It had my rapt attention after the first 15 minutes! (NO SPOILERS!!)
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I'm definitely hooked after episode 1 on Hulu's The First, with Sean Penn & Natascha McElhone (Californication, Designated Survivor, Solaris.....) about the first manned space voyage to Mars. It had my rapt attention after the first 15 minutes! (NO SPOILERS!!)
    I love Natascha McElhone. She's not a traditional beauty but she has a sensuality about her I find soooo appealing. The first time I saw her was in Ronin.

The First, huh? Sounds like my cup of tea. I've also learned to trust your recommendations... Disjointed notwithstanding.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I too am smitten w/Natascha M..

Disjointed rules! It did get Chris Redd (Danke) an SNL gig.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

She's so lovely in Californication, isn't she?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    Started Ozark season 2 last night.

Waaaay over the top but still really fun!
    Binge watched the 10 episodes in 3 days...really enjoyed it! Strong female roles...Rachel..Ruth..Darlene, and Wendy looking more like Skyler as time goes on.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Binge watched the 10 episodes in 3 days...really enjoyed it! Strong female roles...Rachel..Ruth..Darlene, and Wendy looking more like Skyler as time goes on.
    Just started with season 2, but so far enjoying it a lot.

We're 4 episodes in to Ozark, S2. The Byrds just keep getting deeper and deeper.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Lodge 49. Anyone?

Curious what others think.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

And who is gonna kill Rick Grimes?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    And who is gonna kill Rick Grimes?
    Wrong thread.

But to answer your question, I have no idea and really don't care, just as long as someone does!

Anyone watching the new season of "American Horror Story"? I am totally digging it so far. Interesting tie ins to the first season and full of weird twists after two episodes with the return of Michael Langdon and the "rubber" man from season one.

Binged the entire 23 episodes of The Handmaid's Tale in a week! Intense, gripping and masterfully acted by the ensemble cast. Also cool for me to see so many locations I know well, since it was filmed all around where I live.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Oh, season 2 of The Sinner just finished this week and I thought it was very good, but the story wasn't as compelling as in season one.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Oh, season 2 of The Sinner just finished this week and I thought it was very good, but the story wasn't as compelling as in season one.
    There's a Season 2? I thought they basically wrapped everything up in Season 1...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    There's a Season 2? I thought they basically wrapped everything up in Season 1...
    Completely different case this season. Same detective (Pullman) though.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Completely different case this season. Same detective (Pullman) though.
    With the wonderful Carrie Coon instead of (still) producer Jessica Timberlake as the female protagonist.

With the wonderful Carrie Coon instead of (still) producer Jessica Timberlake as the female protagonist.
    Yes, and she was excellent as she always is!

I think I'm waiting for the weather to turn before I start watching The Sinner, but I'm looking forward to it.

Just watched Episode 1 of Netflix's Maniac, a 10 episode limited series w/Emma Stone & Jonah Hill. Highly recommended, particularly if you're into movies about lab shrinks trying to figure out wtf is wrong w/damaged folks.

The Sinner kinda fizzled out for me. The climax was too early but whatever, it wasn't awful.

The Purge is The Purge. You know what you are getting into if you decide to watch it. I've only seen the first two movies and looked a little bit around about the other two. I would rather watch the other two movies rather than some synopsis so I only have half of the story so far.

Anyway, episode 4 was tonight and it went so dark and.....and.......

Watch at your own risk.

ETA: Woo Hoo! I finally got the first season of Torchwood. Now I can watch that and the second which I've been sitting on for about a year and a half.
    Last edited by TheLoony; 09-26-2018 at 04:08 AM.

Just watched Episode 1 of Netflix's Maniac, a 10 episode limited series w/Emma Stone & Jonah Hill. Highly recommended, particularly if you're into movies about lab shrinks trying to figure out wtf is wrong w/damaged folks.
    Got this one on my list, but I'm so far behind in my shows...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I've been scanning the networks every night this week. It appears that cable/streaming raised the bar for quality programming so high that the networks aren't even bothering to do anything but walk under the bar. Nothing but night-time soaps, sitcoms, and reality shows as far as the eye can see. At least the CW breaks that mold though their quality control is a little suspect.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I just got Amazon Prime and have started The Man in the High Castle. Pretty captivating, 3 episodes in....
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    I just got Amazon Prime and have started The Man in the High Castle. Pretty captivating, 3 episodes in....
    Check out Bosch when you're done with that, if you enjoy hard-boiled LA detective stuff.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Watched the first episode of Bodyguard last night, a BBC show about an ex Afghanistan soldier with PTST working in the Special Protection Services department of the Police Force protecting the Home Secretary. Pretty good. Stars Richard Madden who was Rob Stark in Game Of Thrones.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.