Page 59 of 329 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 8225

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    P!nk stole her show from L.A.-based band, Powder. In fact, she stole some portions of her show almost to the 'T'. She won't answer questions about this when asked.
    Hmm...interesting.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    P!nk stole her show from L.A.-based band, Powder. In fact, she stole some portions of her show almost to the 'T'. She won't answer questions about this when asked.
    Not sure I want to further corroborate the admittedly accurate perception here that I'm just f*****g strange for an old man, but I've been into Powder for a long time, and have often played their music and videos when family or friends are over if I want to shake shit up a bit.

But I've never seen Ninette hang upside down 20 stories up on a high-rise hotel while simutaneously singing (not lip synching).
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    But I've never seen Ninette hang upside down 20 stories up on a high-rise hotel while simutaneously singing (not lip synching).
    Well, P!nk has incorporated other elements of her show that are different. That is why I stated some portions of her show. The building stunt was a one-off for an awards show and not part of her concert performances.

Over the summer I started watching This Is Us. I waited because I will not invest time in a tv show unless it is renewed for a 2nd season, or beyond. While I enjoy This Is Us, it is a total downer to binge watch. I’m fully into season 2, but if they don’t start getting into some positive storylines I will probably stop watching.

What interested me the most about this show is the similarities with the series LOST.

I have the 2nd season of Stranger Things which I will jump into in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Hmm...interesting.
    Here's one article with images:

http://popbytes.com/pink_copies_strikes_again/

Powder addressed this on their website, message board, and MySpace some 10+ years ago. By the way, P!nk had attended at least 2 Powder shows in the early 2000s.

Here is Ninette's site - Silk Sisters, where you can see some of her aerial work: http://www.silksisters.com/

see this video for some of the stuff Powder did:

Powder is no longer a band. Guitarist Phil-X and vocalist Ninette were married. They divorced and the band went bye-bye. Phil-X has been the lead guitarist for Bon Jovi since 2011/12.

Gruno my friend - I was absolutely referring to ONLY 2 things in Pink's performance that were (as far as I know) unprecedented. The use of a tall building outside and the 7 other people simultaneously spinning around out there.

I know damn well that Ninette's balls in performance were every bit as large as Pink's are.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I've heard about Pink lifting the aerial stuff from another act as well.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

The Orville got renewed for a 2nd season!

I'd rank the NEW fall network tv series as follows:

The Orville
    Me Myself and I
    Ghosted
    Young Sheldon
    Kevin (probably) Saves the World

Star Trek Discovery: MIA per I don't anticipate watching it unless Ronald D. Moore gets involved and it goes to Netflix in the US (i.e. I don't have to pay anymore extra money for it).

edit: forgot about Young Sheldon

Coming Up:

Electric Dreams (on Amazon Prime)
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon Prime, Amy Sherman Palladino from Gilmore Girls new show. Cast includes Tony Shaloub and Kevin Pollak).
    Last edited by mnprogger; 11-30-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Gruno my friend - I was absolutely referring to ONLY 2 things in Pink's performance that were (as far as I know) unprecedented. The use of a tall building outside and the 7 other people simultaneously spinning around out there.

I know damn well that Ninette's balls in performance were every bit as large as Pink's are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I've heard about Pink lifting the aerial stuff from another act as well.
    The Wallendas?

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    The Orville got renewed for a 2nd season!
    <sig out of order>

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Last edited by Dave (in MA); 11-30-2017 at 10:30 PM.

is @LarryJoeCampbel leaving @TheOrville ? :\

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Yeah, can't wait to dig in to this one!
    Finished it last night. Meh. I thought it finished up ok, but sorta weak. Not enough grit, darkness and dirt to satisfy my Western needs. I'm curious to see what you think...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    I'd rank the NEW fall network tv series as follows:

The Orville
    Me Myself and I
    Ghosted
    Young Sheldon
    Kevin (probably) Saves the World
    Kevin (Probably) Saves the World has been a real surprise. I think it's a really, really good show, in no small part due to Jason Ritter (I think he carries it). In fact, it's about the only weekly show I anticipate.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Anyone watched any of Knightfall? I saw a trailer which caught my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Anyone watched any of Knightfall? I saw a trailer which caught my eye.
    Just saw a different trailer. Apparently it starts Wednesday at 10 PM.

Counterpart, on STARZ, looks like it has some promise. I'll pretty much watch anything with J.K. Simmons these days.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Just finished watching Godless over the span of several nights. I found it to be quite well-done, with high-caliber acting and a storyline that kept my interest. I think it's good that it was a limited-run series, which enabled it to have a satisfying arc and a very clear and logical ending point. It also meant that characters and plot threads were explored, but not necessarily completely; it left me wanting more. Also, the cinematography was outstanding, and they must have had a hell of a horse-wrangling team.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Just finished the final season of The Leftovers. I'm a bit late in this, because I like to watch these kind of series on DVD.
    Very entertaining and with wonderful music from Max Richter.

I guess there are more posts on The Leftovers in this thread, but I didn't have the time to go through 59 pages

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Just finished the final season of The Leftovers. I'm a bit late in this, because I like to watch these kind of series on DVD.
    Very entertaining and with wonderful music from Max Richter.

I guess there are more posts on The Leftovers in this thread, but I didn't have the time to go through 59 pages
    I really enjoyed the last season. The ending.......it is open to interpretation, which is how they intended it to be. The acting was incredible as was the writing. Carry Coon should get an emmy.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    The leftovers finale season, bizarre as it was, was one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever witnessed. Not sure why, it just touched a nerve. Fucking beautiful. Maybe this is what Lindenof always wanted with L O S T but never had a chance to deliver for whatever the reason.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    The ending.......it is open to interpretation, which is how they intended it to be. The acting was incredible as was the writing. Carry Coon should get an emmy.
    2% of the population disappeared without reason, on the flip side, 98% disappeared. Who had it worse? Doesnt matter. People forge on. She found a way to go there and get back to what really mattered. I’d love to see three seasons dedicated to the 2% left.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

2% of the population disappeared without reason, on the flip side, 98% disappeared. Who had it worse? Doesnt matter. People forge on. She found a way to go there and get back to what really mattered. I’d love to see three seasons dedicated to the 2% left.
    The question is.......was she telling the truth or just making it up? At the very final second that she was about to be covered in fluid in that truck she can be seen yelling something. Was is "stop"? A lot of people think so, and that the whole thing was a story she made up to explain why she ended up where she did. The ending could be taken either way.

The leftovers finale season, bizarre as it was, was one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever witnessed. Not sure why, it just touched a nerve. Fucking beautiful. Maybe this is what Lindenof always wanted with L O S T but never had a chance to deliver for whatever the reason.
    I totally agree with you. There was something about it that just hit on all the right buttons. It was amazing to watch. I saw an interview with Lindelof afterwards where he basically said just what you said. He wanted to correct some of the mistakes he made with the finale for LOST.