Page 55 of 328 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 8188

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    I’ve been dipping into a Netflix series (3 seasons so far I think) called “Black Mirror.” It can best be described as “Twilight Zone for the 2010s.” Each episode takes a different story idea and explores the ramifications. Some of them have been pretty interesting, and the budget is high. Lotsa future hi-tech.
    That is an interesting show. I think I've only seen the first 2 seasons. Some of them get pretty dark, and it can be downright fascinating to watch.

I've only seen the first two seasons. I don't think there a strong enough mind-bleach to wipe away an image of the prime minister in the first episode.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I've only seen the first two seasons. I don't think there a strong enough mind-bleach to wipe away an image of the prime minister in the first episode.
    That was rough, yeah...

Actually found that episode to be rather disturbing, even though some people have said it was laughable/cringe-worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Just finished with the first two episodes of Mindhunter. This show is fucking excellent.
    The promo looked good.

Has anyone seen the Dirk Gently series on BBC America? Season two just started and I'm thinking of watching.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I lost interest after a couple of episodes, it was a bit too twee for me.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    The promo looked good.
    The premise of the show: "set in 1977 — in the early days of criminal psychology and criminal profiling at the FBI — Mindhunter revolves around FBI agents Holden Ford and Bill Tench, who interview imprisoned serial killers in order to understand how such criminals think and [then] apply this knowledge to solving ongoing cases." (Wikipedia)

I'm binge watching the shit out of this show! It's really good.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I lost interest after a couple of episodes, it was a bit too twee for me.
    All poets and flowers?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    There's a certain style of English humor that just pushes the wrong buttons with me. I just end up wanting to punch a main character in the mouth.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'll have to add Mindhunter to my list...

Really been into the 3rd season of Narcos! I wasn't sure how it would be since the series was basically going beyond it's original premise, but really loving it!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I'll have to add Mindhunter to my list...

Really been into the 3rd season of Narcos! I wasn't sure how it would be since the series was basically going beyond it's original premise, but really loving it!
    Have not started the new Naros season yet. Glad to hear it is good.

It has less the feel of a documentary and more the feel of a drama. There is still narration but less real footage. It's about the Cali cartel who filled the void left by the Medellin cartel after the demise of Escobar. I am hoping there will be a 4th season. I still have 2 episodes to watch so not sure if they'll wrap everything up or not.

Regarding Narcos, a Netflix site selection scout was murdered in Mexico, the locale for the next season. Apparently, the Narcos mistook him for a govt. Agent conducting surveillance. These people are feral animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Regarding Narcos, a Netflix site selection scout was murdered in Mexico, the locale for the next season. Apparently, the Narcos mistook him for a govt. Agent conducting surveillance. These people are feral animals.
    Or they knew what he/she was there for and just didn't want Netflix there to cast more attention their way. That's even scarier.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Yeah, I guess they don’t want anyone observing the goings on down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Yeah, I guess they don’t want anyone observing the goings on down there.
    I think it's too late. And now everyone knows they operate in that area (if they didn't already).
    <sig out of order>

Just finished with the first two episodes of Mindhunter. This show is fucking excellent.
    Agreed.

Just finished episode 3 last night.

This show is based on the true crime book Mindhunter John Douglas (agent Holden in the series) which I read in the 90s
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Got that one queued for after I finish Narcos. My girlfriend and I just started on Ozark. First episode was very good! Nice departure for Bateman, an actor I have always liked...

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Got that one queued for after I finish Narcos. My girlfriend and I just started on Ozark. First episode was very good! Nice departure for Bateman, an actor I have always liked...
    My wife and kids were Arrested Development junkies....but somehow I wasn't in on that one lol. So now that kids are gone, Den is making me watch AD... funny that i watched Ozark and Flaked first...now seeing Bateman and Arnett on this fantastic show. Yeah can't believe I wussed out on catching AD with them a long time ago, hilarious show.

AD was an extremely funny series. Even that last season ended up pretty good, though not as strong as the first three. But if you like Arnett, you have to watch Bojack Horseman. Brilliant stuff! Flaked left me a little indifferent...

I really liked Ozark. Bateman does a great job, and I loved the "tone" of it.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Watching The Deuce right now and it's not bad at all.

Funny, Hal recommended Santa Clara Diet, and Den and I were all set to watch. Swear to god, we had just settled in the living room with a pizza supper, and started to watch...within 5 minutes we get that disgusting puke scene...and because we were eating...we switched to something else. We'l get back to it, when the time is right. lol

Just want to repeat a rec I made a while back. If you're sensitive, and like really heart warming comedy drama that will make you howl and bawl in the same show....please check out "Derek". We had an old friend over from outta town for the weekend, so we binged the entire series ...watching it a second time was even better. Just give it a chance. Ricky Gervais plays one of the most lovable characters in tv series history. And there are so many subtle life lessons and ...it's just a simple, but wonderful show. Can't speak highly enough about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    Funny, Hal recommended Santa Clara Diet, and Den and I were all set to watch. Swear to god, we had just settled in the living room with a pizza supper, and started to watch...within 5 minutes we get that disgusting puke scene...and because we were eating...we switched to something else. We'l get back to it, when the time is right. lol
    I probably should have warned you that you shouldn't eat while watching this show. It is a zombie show, after all. But I assumed (mistakenly?) you'd look it up to see what the premise is.

But anyway, Barrymore & Olyphant are both really funny in it, especially Drew.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I probably should have warned you that you shouldn't eat while watching this show. It is a zombie show, after all. But I assumed (mistakenly?) you'd look it up to see what the premise is.

I think in my original post hyping SC Diet I did give a short plot synopsis, but I don't go back & read 10 pages of a thread either. I'm eagerly awaiting season 2!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Yeah they are great, but the neighbor kid with the crush on their daughter is hilarious. I laughed pretty much every time that kid opened his mouth Plays an awkward geek perfectly.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak