Page 47 of 330 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 8227

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Watching Season 2 of The Last Kingdom now. Plot holes, anachronisms, but still really good.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    After stacking my DVR, I watched eps 3-6 of Fargo last night. Holy fuck. Aside from HBO, does it get any better than this?? Simply amazing.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

If you are watching Fargo. I recommend watching these review shows.

https://youtu.be/MMoyaEZMZIw
    https://youtu.be/1j5Q6nKdFaY
    https://youtu.be/qG4E0nchz24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've seen 3˝ episodes of Downward Dog, so far, and I gotta say, it's a pretty good show. Synopsis:

The series follows the adventures of Martin, a philosophizing dog who who lives with his owner, Nan, who he sees as a beloved life partner. Martin can become vindictive and unfaithful, however, when he feels Nan is not paying enough attention to him. Nan is a millennial who has less time for him than she once did because of her increasing workload...

And, yes, the dog talks. But it's 4th-wall-breaking, brief monologues, ŕ la The Office or Modern Family or House of Cards.

And, yes, the dog is funny.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Just burned through another three episodes of The Americans tonight. Man, that show is just tightening the screws on our Commie antiheroes.
    Okay, so based on your post, I finally finished season 4 and just finished season 5. Somehow, I was under the impression this was the final season.

But anyway, I was about to give up on this show until I read your post which I totally misinterpreted. Thanks Jerol.

So, now my problem: this show moves at a snail's pace! I was watching it last night and fell asleep three times! It's strange because it is a good show: well acted, written, produced, directed, etc. It's not boring per se, but goddamn sometimes I wanna say, "move it along, already!" Reminds me of reading Asimov's Foundation and Earth, which felt like an eternity to get through.

And then when I read that season six will be the final season I thought, "oh my God. I gotta slog through another season???"
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Started watching Wallander (Swedish detective show with Kenneth Branagh), Longmire (Wyoming Sheriff) and the White Princess (Tudor drama starting with Henry VII) this week, all very good.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Banned
    Love Wallander although it trails off for me in the last season. When it was on it was amazing IMO.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Don't let your meatloaf.
    Jezuz H. Christ! I haven't heard that one since my 10-year older half-brother used to say that in the 70s.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Preacher starts again this weekend
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Preacher starts again this weekend
    Thanks for the heads up.

Here's a promo for Downward Dog that does a pretty good job of capturing what the dog is like:

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    I loved the use of Peter and The Wolf throughout the episode. Great series, once again! It's getting really good now.
    I just watched that. The Peter And The Wolf theme was excellent!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Reminds me of reading Asimov's Foundation and Earth, which felt like an eternity to get through.
    I don't watch the show you are talking about but just had to acknowledge this comment - made me laugh - I remember the long slog I had getting through that novel myself. And after the great Foundation's Edge what a disappointment!

Just watched the end of season 1 of American Gods, enjoyed it a lot.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by SRS View Post
    I don't watch the show you are talking about but just had to acknowledge this comment - made me laugh - I remember the long slog I had getting through that novel myself. And after the great Foundation's Edge what a disappointment!
    What a disappointment, indeed!!! I still think Foundation's Edge was Asimov's best Foundation novel. In fact, his three early '80s novels (Foundation's Edge, The Robots of Dawn, and Robots and Empire, which he wrote in succession) are Asimov at the top of his game. FE and R&E are his two best novels, imo.

I was flipping through the channels last night and came upon The Shawshank Redemption, so of course I had to stop and stay for a while.

It was being broadcast on the Sundance Channel - not a network that I frequent. They were advertising heavily a series called "Cleverman." Anyone watching this? It looks interesting.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

He Left. He Did Nothing. He Returned. Curb Your Enthusiasm is back for Season 9 on October 1 on HBO.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    He Left. He Did Nothing. He Returned. Curb Your Enthusiasm is back for Season 9 on October 1 on HBO.
    Emperor Prius Maximus.

Time to stock up on Eggo waffles

stranger-things-season-2-poster-big.jpg
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I hope the second season is better than the first one was. I liked it well enough but it came with so much hype and didn't quite live up to it.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Stoked.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I hope the second season is better than the first one was. I liked it well enough but it came with so much hype and didn't quite live up to it.
    I kind of feel the same way. I liked it, but did not think it was as great as a lot of people seemed to think it was.

Cannot wait for this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I kind of feel the same way. I liked it, but did not think it was as great as a lot of people seemed to think it was.
    Me too - I don't see what the big deal is - maybe nostalgia? It does capture the 70s kinda ET feel, but I find the writing and production mediocre. I'm sure YMMV.