Page 30 of 328 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Watched the first season of Black Mirror. Thankfully, the episodes got better as the season went along, which isn't saying much as there were only 3 for the whole season. The first was fucking ridiculous and the second intriguing but a little unsatisfying. The third was definitely the best; very thought provoking. An excellent episode. All have been well produced and well acted.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Do your feelings have anything to do with "movements?" I've just reached this point and I'm now fairly uncomfortable

I'll leave it at that so I don't get yelled at
    lol. Yes. But just wait. Or not.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    lol. Yes. But just wait. Or not.
    Ok so I finished it last night. Very many times the stuff you slam here I have wound up enjoying...this is not one of those times
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Ahh Klonky, my music and entertainment doppleganger, looks like we can't fire on all cylinders 100% of the time. I enjoyed The OA, but I do see where you are coming from, however, the only prob I had with the "movements," was that they actually called them "movements."
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Ahh Klonky, my music and entertainment doppleganger, looks like we can't fire on all cylinders 100% of the time. I enjoyed The OA, but I do see where you are coming from, however, the only prob I had with the "movements," was that they actually called them "movements."
    I loved the idea man and was real into it up to the 5th-6th episode. Kinda fell off the rails there for me. Found the "movements" thing incredibly corny.

Hey, we'll always have our love for world annihilation, creature movies!

Hey, we'll always have our love for world annihilation, creature movies!
    Speaking of, looks like a couple good ones in the works for this year.

Gee, ain't love grand.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Ok so I finished it last night. Very many times the stuff you slam here I have wound up enjoying...this is not one of those times
    There's hope for you, yet.

I loved the idea man and was real into it up to the 5th-6th episode. Kinda fell off the rails there for me. Found the "movements" thing incredibly corny.
    My reaction, exactly. Altho, the word I thought of was hokey. And I didn't even mind the term "movement". And I was still trying to give it the benefit of the doubt up to the end – even tho I was failing – until the final 5-10 minutes of the last episode. That had me rolling my eyes.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

We watched the first two episodes of Westworld last night. Very intriguing and interesting. A little slow to reveal details, but that's what keeps you coming back for more.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

You guys have convinced me to remove OA from my list. Does not sound like it will be my thing and there's plenty more shows to choose from. Hell, I wasn't that big on Stranger Things and this sounds even less plausible.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Nah man, you should watch and judge for yourself. But not liking Stranger Things is something I can't forgive.

Yeah, c'mon Yves. Watch it. Misery loves company. lol

Denise and I thoroughly enjoyed the OA!!

After that we binge watched the entire "the Fall" and loved it! man we went through that like a bag of chips on the munchies.

Now we just discovered there's a season 4 of Rectify and hit that immediately. Two nights later...well we have one epi left which we'll do tonight before moving on.to our next one. Which is why I'm perusing this thread today.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Black Mirror is on my list to check out.
    We loved it. My 26 and 22 year old sons were gaga over it. We tore through that like wildfire, brilliant stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I really liked The Crown. Lithgow was particularly impressive.

Finished the first two seasons of Black Mirror, will start on 3 soon. Watched the first two episodes of The OA and am intrigued enough to continue.
    Lithgow was fantastic, what a portrayal!

Quote Originally Posted by Moribund View Post
    I don't know if anyone has seen Rectify (on the Sundance Channel). An amazing series. I watched the first 3 seasons on Netflix and then this last season live. Last night was the series finale and it was simply a perfect ending.

The few people who have had a negative word about the series stated it moved slowly, but many disagree and most who have seen it loved it.

Just a suggestion if you're looking for a show to watch.
    One of my true faves, wife and I were so excited to discover there was a season 4 on Netflix. Slow moving for sure, but ...what can I say, I'm in love with that skinny little thing Amantha.

I know this is an old one but Den's friend recommended Homeland for us. I've always been interested but Den doesn't like shows that are over complicated due to politics. Politics are ok, just overly complicated politics are tough because she's never followed politics at all. So, for example, we had to give up on house of cards because she had no clue what was going on. After 3 episodes she asked me if Kevin Spacey was president or something. I said "lets move on to something else" So how do you guys like Homeland?

Nah man, you should watch and judge for yourself. But not liking Stranger Things is something I can't forgive.
    I liked it, I just didn't think it as great a show as people made it out to be. Eventually, Wynona Ryder's character grated on me. As for OA, if people like yourself (someone I deem not overly demanding when it comes to TV) had issues with it, I can just imagine how much I'll be dissecting the shit out of it. There are plenty of quality shows on Netflix I haven't touched upon yet. I'll put this one on the back burner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    We loved it. My 26 and 22 year old sons were gaga over it. We tore through that like wildfire, brilliant stuff.
    You should introduce your sons to the works of Philip K Dick, George Orwell, Aldous Huxley, Ray Bradbury; all of whom shaped the type of dystopian worlds brought to life by Black Mirror.

So how do you guys like Homeland?
    I've only seen the first season, but I loved it. Claire Danes is fantastic in it.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

After that we binge watched the entire "the Fall" and loved it! man we went through that like a bag of chips on the munchies.
    But did Denise then insist she should get a "sweet night" with a young cop?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I know this is an old one but Den's friend recommended Homeland for us. I've always been interested but Den doesn't like shows that are over complicated due to politics. Politics are ok, just overly complicated politics are tough because she's never followed politics at all. So, for example, we had to give up on house of cards because she had no clue what was going on. After 3 episodes she asked me if Kevin Spacey was president or something. I said "lets move on to something else" So how do you guys like Homeland?
    The first season of Homeland is great. I thought the 2nd season was not as good. We made it through part of the 3rd season, but just kind of let it drop. The acting and writing are all good, but I don’t know…..it just did not keep my interest. I may pick it back up one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    The first season of Homeland is great. I thought the 2nd season was not as good. We made it through part of the 3rd season, but just kind of let it drop. The acting and writing are all good, but I don’t know…..it just did not keep my interest. I may pick it back up one of these days.
    As usual I feel the same way. Lino, that first season of Homeland was in-fuckin'-TENSE! Great stuff. Probably why I started to lose interest as the next 2 seasons went on because it's just too hard to top.

Anyone check out that first episode of Taboo on FX this week? I watched it last night and it looks to be up my alley. Dark and mysterious. I'm in for now.

I must say that I watched Taboo for 20 minutes & said, "nah".
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I must say that I watched Taboo for 20 minutes & said, "nah".
    I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm a huge Homeland addict. Every season is great edge of your seat shit. Excited for season 6 to premiere this Sunday.

I told you you'd like The Fall Lino!! Now check out Top of the Lake.