Page 12 of 330 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post

Quite a few others I watch, Hell on Wheels, Mr. Robot, The Comedians, Orphan Black, The 100, TURN: Washington's Spies, 12 Monkeys, Better Call Saul, Satisfaction(that's one I never thought I'd watch but is quite interesting) and lastly, a "reality" show, the Curse of Oak Island as I really want to know what the hell is down there.
    I keep getting sucked in by Oak Island too. I am pretty much totally convinced that there is absolutely nothing buried on that island, but I keep watching the damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I keep getting sucked in by Oak Island too. I am pretty much totally convinced that there is absolutely nothing buried on that island, but I keep watching the damn thing.
    But My God, they don't half string it out don't they, for every episode you only get about 9 minutes of new material and no solid conclusions, the same is true with those other fake series: lost giants and lost gold.

OMG!!!!

Today, I watched a US TV programme for the first time. LSB - Lip Sync Battle - Ann Hathaway v Emily Blunt...Holy Madre Dio!
    Sensual isn't the word, when Ann Hathaway is down to bra and panties doing Miley Cyrus on her wrecking ball......

They were both so good, so funny, so warm towards the audience.

Suspended
    ^^ "doing"?

Maybe you could rephrase that?

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Well, I did open the thread; nobody twisted my arm.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Haven't seen this week's episode of Fargo, yet (am about to go watch it during lunch), but last week's... wow. Kirsten Dunst had me cracking up. What a great episode!
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

OK, you guys have me wondering and intrigued: I will start Fargo ASAIC.

I just finished the first season of Aquarius >> good music from LA in 66/67... I suppose there will be a second season... Hopefully it doesn't drag on too long, because 69 (Manson's arrest) is still a long time away

Avoid the second season of You're The Worst >> it's absolutely dreadful >> all the humour's gone totally awry... It just went from off-beat to downright ridiculous.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

You had me at Anne Hathaway down to bra and panties.

So where can I see this show?
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    when Ann Hathaway is down to bra and panties doing Miley Cyrus on her wrecking ball......
    I don't think I get that channel.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Trane, being you thought Justified was a bit too violent you should be warned, Fargo isn't far behind (especially in the second season).
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Here it is, Ms Hathaway is on after Ms Blunt. Actually both of them sell the songs pretty well. Hathaway's level of difficulty is higher because her song sucks and she's gotta jump on a big swinging ball.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post

I just finished the first season of Aquarius >> good music from LA in 66/67... I suppose there will be a second season... Hopefully it doesn't drag on too long, because 69 (Manson's arrest) is still a long time away
    I hadn't heard of this, so I checked on my TV's "on demand" channel to see if I could find it, and...nothing. Anyone know which network carries this?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I hadn't heard of this, so I checked on my TV's "on demand" channel to see if I could find it, and...nothing. Anyone know which network carries this?
    This one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Thanks. Very odd that it wouldn't be "on demand." I'll have to look again and see if they have the major networks on-demand cloistered somewhere else on the dial.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Trane, being you thought Justified was a bit too violent you should be warned, Fargo isn't far behind (especially in the second season).
    I figured so, especially is there is a link with the movie Fargo (Coen Bros)

Moe, Aquarius is NBC, I think
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Actually both of them sell the songs pretty well. Hathaway's level of difficulty is higher because her song sucks and she's gotta jump on a big swinging ball.
    Maybe, but she won by showing a little camel-toe.

Nice T & A but deplorable TV.

A friend said he watched #9 of season two of Fargo the other night but when I went to watch it they only had it up to #8.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I don't recall at what point I bought into season 2 of Fargo – I think it was around episode 4 or 5 – but I dare say this has been a phenomenal season. Better than just about anything I've ever seen. Ranks right up there with The Good Wife, Justified, and Southland.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Thanks. Very odd that it wouldn't be "on demand." I'll have to look again and see if they have the major networks on-demand cloistered somewhere else on the dial.
    Found it. They have "Primetime" separate from "Entertainment" on their On Demand menu. They have episodes 11 and 13 from season one available. Who knows what happened to 12. Anyway, watched about half of 11 so far. A little fast and loose with history, so I don't know if I'll bother with the rest. Maybe.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Today, I watched a US TV programme for the first time.
    Ok, this I do find hard to believe.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I saw neither bra nor panties.
    I demand a full refund.

Who the hell is Emily Blunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I saw neither bra nor panties.
    I demand a full refund.
    Yeah, what she was wearing was very un-sensual.

Banned
    Thanks - I'll put watching this show on my priority list just under sticking a white-hot wire up my urethra.