Thread: Riverside: Love, Fear and the Time Machine, August/September 2015

Riverside: Love, Fear and the Time Machine, August/September 2015

I'm surprised no-one mentioned this yet. Another great release to expect this year.

"Love, Fear and the Time Machine" - this is the title of the sixth Riverside album. The band have just finished composing the new material.
    "Our sixth album, six words in the title, sixty minutes of new music, that's about how long the new release will be. And we won't be playing hard rock any more", Mariusz Duda laughs. "There will be many more melodies dressed in completely different shades. We're changing and evolving as a band, we're growing up but most of all we want to keep recording different albums which are simply great to listen to. And the new one will be like a deep breath of fresh air, very different to what we'd done before."

"Love, fear and the times that have shaped us have the biggest influence on our life choices. The lyrics will be about everything that pushes us to make the most important decisions in our life."

The band are going to start recording the new material in March and it will be possible to follow the progress of their work on a special Instagram profile (www.instagram.com/riversideband.pl). The album will be released in August/September 2015 and some of the new songs will be played at this year's summer festivals. More information will follow soon…
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

interesting... I'd rather hear them rocking hard and leave the mellow side to Lunatic Soul. We'll see... I'm keen anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sergio View Post
    interesting... I'd rather hear them rocking hard and leave the mellow side to Lunatic Soul. We'll see... I'm keen anyway.
    i feel the exact opposite...their mellow side > the tacky metal one...but when combined it's tolerable...this is also coming from someone who's fairly done with "prog metal" though...this one sounds better than the last though.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Well, I'm glad it sounds like it'll be different than the previous album, which is easily the weakest in their catalogue IMO.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Well, I'm glad it sounds like it'll be different than the previous album, which is easily the weakest in their catalogue IMO.
    Totally disagree with that. I think their last album was not only their best, but one of the best Prog albums of the century. Better song writing and more mood to the playing.

I love all their albums and I am very interested to hear the new direction.
    Don Cassidy
    President, Interviewer, DJ, Artist Promo contact
    Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio
    www.deliciousagony.com

I'm also a fan of their last album, bested only by REM in my mind (especially the 2nd disc of REM). I almost don't know whether he was kidding about not doing hard rock anymore ... that's revolutionary for a band like this! I'm happy to hear whichever direction they go, but I imagine a lot of fans will have a challenging time if there's really no more metal edge there. Fine by me though, I love their atmospheric stuff, too, and interested to see where the next album will take them. Hopefully to the States for an extensive tour!

I was lukewarm on the last album until I saw them live. At that point, the songs really connected with me.

Yeah, not sure about the comment about less hard rock. To me, that equals Lunatic Soul, which I like. I just want Riverside to have a little more grit and aggression.

Regardless, an auto buy for me.

I'm on the side that didn't like the last album and I'm disappointed that they will not be rocking out on the new noe...
    Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!

Entitled "Love, Fear and the Time Machine", the band's sixth studio longplay album will be released via InsideOutMusic on September 4th, 2015, feature cover artwork by longtime design-partner Travis Smith / Seempieces (Katatonia, Opeth, Nevermore, etc.) and contain the following track listing:

RIVERSIDE - "Love, Fear and the Time Machine"
    1. Lost (Why Should I Be Frightened By a Hat?)
    2. Under the Pillow
    3. #Addicted
    4. Caterpillar and the Barbed Wire
    5. Saturate Me
    6. Afloat
    7. Discard Your Fear
    8. Towards the Blue Horizon
    9. Time Travellers
    10. Found (The Unexpected Flaw of Searching)

RIVERSIDE are additionally working on a musical bonus package entitled "Day Session", the brighter companion of the "Night Session" presented on the band's previous album "Shrine Of New Generation Slaves".

RIVERSIDE's Mariusz Duda checked in with the following comment about "Love, Fear and the Time Machine":

"On the new album I wanted to combine the 70s and the 80s. The 80s were a decade of musical growing up for me. On the new album we don't sound as retro and 70s as before, we moved forward, we sort of demolished the previous foundations and build new ones. Despite the huge dose of melancholy and nostalgia, there is a new space, the songs are arranged with more flow and at the same time they have never been so concise and to the point before. The lyrics on "Love, Fear and the Time Machine" talk about a transformation. About making an important, perhaps life changing, decision everyone has to make at some point in their lives. What happens to us when we have to make it? On the one hand we're excited by the change, we feel free, liberated, and on the other we fear the unknown, we are afraid of what might happen to us. We go back in time and we go forward in time in our heads. And all that happens when we have to decide something important. The first of the songs on the album is called 'Lost', the last one, 'Found'. If we sometimes get lost in life, it is to go through something and be found again on the other side, to be reborn as someone better and more valuable. I would like this album to be one of those that one day simply becomes your best friend."
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Why does the word "concise" worry me?