Thread: Greg Allman Live Solo?

Greg Allman Live Solo?

Curious if anyone has seen Greg Allman solo in recent years? He is coming to our local theater in the spring and I am thinking about it. Thought I would throw it out there for opinions. How does his solo set compare to an Allmans gig?

I saw him more than a few years ago. Maybe late 90s. He was great. Always has a killer band. He sounded great on recent ABB recordings, so I see no reason why he wouldn't be worthwhile.

Glad to see he's still touring.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I saw him on New Year's eve and he still has IT! His band is great too. They played pretty much every ABB and solo Greg written tune you could hope for. Even some deep cuts. His voice is still on the money. Their drummer is amazing and they have ABB percussionist too. They play the ABB tunes pretty much like you expect but add a 3 piece horn section. They have one guitarist and he's quite good, but don't expect long, dueling solos ala ABB. Just some that are super tasty and just the right length. Go! You'll be glad you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I saw him on New Year's eve and he still has IT! His band is great too. They played pretty much every ABB and solo Greg written tune you could hope for. Even some deep cuts. His voice is still on the money. Their drummer is amazing and they have ABB percussionist too. They play the ABB tunes pretty much like you expect but add a 3 piece horn section. They have one guitarist and he's quite good, but don't expect long, dueling solos ala ABB. Just some that are super tasty and just the right length. Go! You'll be glad you did.
    I remember seeing your posts and pictures about this show on Facebook now that you mention it. Thanks for the info.