Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soundtrack for the Storm of the Century

Michael is a Cat 4 according to my Storm Tracker app. It looks serious.

Too easy. One of my favorite stoner bands...

You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

"Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

The death toll is 16 and rising.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I've never even seen a Waffle House, but apparently on their website they claim "Every Waffle House restaurant is open 24 hours, 365 days a year" and yet apparently the Waffle House in Panama City Beach has closed because of the hurricane, so it's getting serious.
    This is off topic, but I actually like Waffle House. I don't have any near me, but every summer me and some other guys go to a sprint car race weekend in southern Ohio and we always hit the Waffle House for a late breakfast. It is a total greasy spoon, but I can get country ham and grits which is hard to find in the north country.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    This is off topic, but I actually like Waffle House. I don't have any near me, but every summer me and some other guys go to a sprint car race weekend in southern Ohio and we always hit the Waffle House for a late breakfast. It is a total greasy spoon, but I can get country ham and grits which is hard to find in the north country.
    I figured at least their waffles must be good (though I make a mean waffle myself!).

Actually Waffle House is not off topic concerning hurricanes. FEMA actually monitors local Waffle Houses during hurricanes etc , and has a scale of seriousness depending on what level of service the WH is providing. Some menu items are unavailable depending on utility service. A totally closed WH is CODE RED . FEMA color , not mine.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compa...ID=msnHomepage

And they make a mean T BOne steak.
    My heart goes out to the Panhandle. We had experience with Irma last year. We bought a small place on Big Pine Key in the Keys the year before Irma. The eye passed over the house. When I was able to get to the house it was close to total devastation. 60' boats were still strewn like matchsticks on the main highway close to 2 weeks from the storm's passing. 5' surge and dozens of tornados on Big Pine alone. We were luckier than most . It was the luck of the draw , really. Looking at the pics of Mexico Beach and Panama City , what they're showing might be worse . Although if you cherry picked the images from Irma , it would be the same. The landscape was perminatly changed.

But the take away , Waffle House rules!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I figured at least their waffles must be good (though I make a mean waffle myself!).
    Their waffles are the thin traditional kind, but they are good. They don't serve pancakes at the Waffle House.