Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: The Apocolypse Is Coming, snow that is

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Was driving on the freeway with my wife and 8-yr-old today, when big sheets of ice flew off a truck and smacked onto the roof of our car. I braced myself in case any hit the windshield. It was loud as hell, but fortunately it didn't seem to have damaged the car or caused an accident. Scary though! Those trucks should be required to remove all ice before hitting the roads.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Was driving on the freeway with my wife and 8-yr-old today, when big sheets of ice flew off a truck and smacked onto the roof of our car. I braced myself in case any hit the windshield. It was loud as hell, but fortunately it didn't seem to have damaged the car or caused an accident. Scary though! Those trucks should be required to remove all ice before hitting the roads.
    Yeah, you're lucky - could have been a disaster.

Thank God no one was hurt. It is a law in PA, and should be everywhere. Unfortunately, it's not really enforced, so you still see plenty of assholes who don't comply.

There's a special place in hell......
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Not just the trucks. Cars should be required, too. There are more of them, which means more assholes on the road.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Not just the trucks. Cars should be required, too. There are more of them, which means more assholes on the road.
    If you find a way to have less assholes on the road let us know.
    <sig out of order>

First one of the season heading in tomorrow, possibly up to 6". Temps starting to drop too. I'm not looking forward to winter.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    First one of the season heading in tomorrow, possibly up to 6". Temps starting to drop too. I'm not looking forward to winter.
    +1. It gets harder every year; bring on the global warming!
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    6" due here, day inside for me.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    That's what she said.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Fhur Fhur
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

It's supposed to drop into the 40s down here.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    It's been snowing for a couple of hours here, but it's remained very light, so I'm hoping it will stay that way for the duration. Stocked up on bread and booze anyway!

Not a flake to be seen here in the Toronto area. Next two days they call for "scattered flurries", but that doesn't usually mean snow that stays on the ground.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Not much to speak of .............................this time.

We got about 3-4. We had no plans to leave the house, staying in to do Christmas stuff. So, it was enough to make everything look pretty, but was still easy to clear from the cars and driveway.

The perfect snow.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Let the "Now Phil Collins ruins blizzards" threads begin.
    Bombogenesis.
    http://abc7ny.com/weather/what-is-bombogenesis/2855506/

Be safe everyone.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I wonder what ol' Jenny is up to, these days.....

Not quite a "snowpocalypse" or even a "snowmageddon," but many in the U.S. are getting their first snow of the season these past couple days.

Stay safe and warm, fellow forumers.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Not quite a "snowpocalypse" or even a "snowmageddon," but many in the U.S. are getting their first snow of the season these past couple days.

And here I am heading TO the snow in a couple of weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post

Just made a run for a few supplies. It should be fine tomorrow, but we wanted to be able to hunker down, light a fire, and have a drink tonight, as it's just started snowing and the roads are supposed to get icy in a few hours.

Holy crap, worse than my whole town expected! I just waited outside in the snow with no hat or gloves for an hour waiting for my son's school bus. Eventually we learned the first sortie of buses couldn't make it back to the school to pick up the second half of the kids (including mine). I was getting ready to walk, when a neighbor was able to get him into someone's car with her and her daughter. Very confusing, but all is well (one of the earlier buses was in an accident but no one was hurt). A major miscalculation on the part of the school and the department of public works.

I was getting ready to try and build a fire on the side of the road, or just lie down in the snow and go to sleep.

I was getting ready to try and build a fire on the side of the road, or just lie down in the snow and go to sleep.
    If you decided to go to sleep on the road, make sure to stay hydrated by eating the yellow snow.

Yeah, it's suddenly a winter wonderland out there... first snow of the season and it's a lot! And naturally, accidents all over the place, traffic snarled like crazy... ugh.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Yeah, it's suddenly a winter wonderland out there... first snow of the season and it's a lot! And naturally, accidents all over the place, traffic snarled like crazy... ugh.
    I saw up couple of vans going sideways.

Holy crap, worse than my whole town expected! I just waited outside in the snow with no hat or gloves for an hour waiting for my son's school bus. Eventually we learned the first sortie of buses couldn't make it back to the school to pick up the second half of the kids (including mine). I was getting ready to walk, when a neighbor was able to get him into someone's car with her and her daughter. Very confusing, but all is well (one of the earlier buses was in an accident but no one was hurt). A major miscalculation on the part of the school and the department of public works.

Yikes! Glad your son made it home safely and that no one was hurt.