Thread: Pelican: Iceland’s Prog-Pop Pioneers: The Anthology collects on two CDs the complete

Pelican: Iceland’s Prog-Pop Pioneers: The Anthology collects on two CDs the complete

Who knows of this band? What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Average mainstream rock band with some Floydian tendencies. I’ve heard both of Pelican’s albums and neither is all that hot. They apparently have a link to the ludicrously overrated “violent hard rock” (read: “mildly gloomy hippie music”) band Icecross.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

They featured the drummer from Thursaflokkur and Eik. But like Mike mentioned they are nothing to write home about

there's a Post Metal band from Chicago of the same name who have a good following, but I've never heard of this group you're referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by zutul View Post
    They featured the drummer from Thursaflokkur and Eik. But like Mike mentioned they are nothing to write home about
    Go for Þursaflokkur instead. Their first two albums are the best music I’ve ever heard from Iceland. You could probably make one good album out of Eik’s two albums, unfortunately you have to wade through lots of funky dreck to get at the good stuff (the title tune off of Hrislan og straumurinn is stunning, shame about the rest of the disc).
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...