Thread: Hawkwind revisit 'Space Ritual'.

Hawkwind revisit 'Space Ritual'.

They announce plans to release double live album and DVD recorded in London last year
    Hawkwind have announced plans to release Space Ritual Live on double album and DVD next month.

The band revisited their 1973 album Space Ritual Alive last year at a benefit concert for animal rights groups at London’s Shepherd’s Bush Empire.

They played the album in full and now the deluxe edition featuring 2CD and 2DVD will launch on February 23 via Gonzo Multimedia. The standard DVD/CD and double CD editions will be released on March 23.

Pre-orders are now being taken, and those using flyers given out at the gig to purchase the album will automatically receive the deluxe edition.

Last year, Hawkwind hired actor Brian Blessed for a new version of Sonic Attack which was released in September via Cherry Red

Space Ritual Live tracklist
    CD1
    1.Seasons
    2.Steppenwolf
    3.Utopia
    4.Opa Loka
    5.Spiral Galaxy
    6.Reefer Madness
    7.Sentinel
    8.Spirit Of The Age
    CD2
    1.Earth Calling
    2.Born To Go
    3.Down Through The Night
    4.Poem 1st Landing
    5.Lord Of Light
    6.Poem Black Corridor
    7.Space Is Deep
    8.A Step Into Space
    9.Orgone Accumulator
    10.Upside Down
    11.Poem 10th Second of Forever
    12.Brainstorm
    13.Seven By Seven
    14.Sonic Attack
    15.Time We Left
    16.Masters of the Universe
    17.Welcome To The Future

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Last year, Hawkwind hired actor Brian Blessed for a new version of Sonic Attack which was released in September via Cherry Red
    That makes me smile just thinking about it.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    That makes me smile just thinking about it.
    Me too, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! I would have loved to have gone to this show. I was fortunate enough to see them play in England (Bristol) for the Warrior On The Edge Of Time tour, which was flipping fantastic, a life long dream to see that live. That was unfortunate for the those of us in North America that they pulled the plug on that tour here in the States due to Brock's 'Illness'!??? But I still got to see it so I was a happy space cadet.

Quote Originally Posted by HONDO View Post
    Me too, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! I would have loved to have gone to this show. I was fortunate enough to see them play in England (Bristol) for the Warrior On The Edge Of Time tour, which was flipping fantastic, a life long dream to see that live. That was unfortunate for the those of us in North America that they pulled the plug on that tour here in the States due to Brock's 'Illness'!??? But I still got to see it so I was a happy space cadet.
    He had a servere case of Nik Turneritis...

THEEEEE most difficult band to acquire visas for in NEARfest history. It only got approved something like 7 days before the festival.

Quote Originally Posted by HONDO View Post
    That was unfortunate for the those of us in North America that they pulled the plug on that tour here in the States due to Brock's 'Illness'!???
    Did we ever actually find out what really happened there?! I remember hearing some dren that Dave was blaming Nik for his so called illness. How can a guy who you've repeatedly kicked out of the band possibly cause you have health problems?! I remember subsequently it being suggested that the whole thing was more an attempt at sabotaging Nik's solo career, by trying to get some sort of sympathy vote by putting the onus on Nik for Dave allegedly not being able to tour.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Did we ever actually find out what really happened there?! I remember hearing some dren that Dave was blaming Nik for his so called illness. How can a guy who you've repeatedly kicked out of the band possibly cause you have health problems?! I remember subsequently it being suggested that the whole thing was more an attempt at sabotaging Nik's solo career, by trying to get some sort of sympathy vote by putting the onus on Nik for Dave allegedly not being able to tour.
    What really happend will be never clear. I think that story will sound very different if told by Nik or by Dave.

I slightly doubt that there was any illness involved. The main reason would be most likley that Hawkwind didn't
    secure any name rights in the USA, so obviously Nik did so for himself. So Hawkwind would not be able to tour as Hawkwind
    in the USA.

THAT on vinyl is a MUST buy!

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post

I slightly doubt that there was any illness involved. The main reason would be most likley that Hawkwind didn't secure any name rights in the USA, so obviously Nik did so for himself. So Hawkwind would not be able to tour as Hawkwind in the USA.
    OK, I do remember hearing about the naming rights business. Sounds like Nik pulled a dick move there, but Dave's made a career out of dick moves.