Thread: Twelve Night Live streaming from last night!

Twelve Night Live streaming from last night!

Very good quality show here from this old band:

http://new.livestream.com/silkstreet...elfthnightlive

Massive fan of Twelfth Night - lucky enough to see them at The Marquee in the 80s and at their reunion gig at The Albany, Deptford a few years back. Lost track of what's happened since then - are there two separate bands - 12th Night and The Cryptic Clues? It appears that Andy Revell and Clive Mitten are leaving the Cryptic Clues - does this mean the end of 12th Night too? Where is Andy Sears? Shame they didn't record any new material whilst back together.

I'm looking forward to sitting down and watching this in the next day or two. First glance suggests that by the look of his outfit Clive Mitten may also be appearing in panto this season.

Quote Originally Posted by everyday View Post
    Massive fan of Twelfth Night - lucky enough to see them at The Marquee in the 80s and at their reunion gig at The Albany, Deptford a few years back. Lost track of what's happened since then - are there two separate bands - 12th Night and The Cryptic Clues? It appears that Andy Revell and Clive Mitten are leaving the Cryptic Clues - does this mean the end of 12th Night too? Where is Andy Sears? Shame they didn't record any new material whilst back together.
    They more or less became a Collective using other musicians that were not in the original band. They operate under different names depending on which members they draw from the pool. Mark Spencer (ex-LaHost) is one, but there are several more. Info should be at the band's website. Andy Sears is still very much involved. I got to talk to him at Nearfest, and he's one of the nicest guys in the biz. Free with the information as well.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    They more or less became a Collective using other musicians that were not in the original band. They operate under different names depending on which members they draw from the pool. Mark Spencer (ex-LaHost) is one, but there are several more. Info should be at the band's website. Andy Sears is still very much involved. I got to talk to him at Nearfest, and he's one of the nicest guys in the biz. Free with the information as well.
    Andy is not going to be involved in the future. This was announced recently - see the band's Facebook page.

Further news as we speak: "
    It with very mixed emotions that we closed another chapter in our long and varied history last night at the Barbican in London . It was a very special night and we would like to say a BIG thank you to everyone who came along and supported us. We hope you enjoyed it too…

Although this marks the end of live performance for the band for the foreseeable future, Clive and Mark will be appearing at Celebr8.2 in the spring, and Mark and Dean will be touring with their "other" band, Galahad, who have a number of international dates in 2013.

However, Twelfth Night HQ will remain busy. We have several CD and DVD projects in the pipeline over the next few months, including some unreleased Twelfth Night music from 1979-80, a definitive "Fact and Fiction" reissue, the DVD release of Live and let Live, Andy Sears' long-awaited solo album, an update to Play On (our official biography) and, we hope, a CD/DVD of Saturday’s show.

So, we're not going anywhere just yet!

For those of you who haven't yet seen last night's show, it's available to stream until the end of December."

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hamer View Post
    Andy is not going to be involved in the future. This was announced recently - see the band's Facebook page.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm not on Facebook, and Andy didn't announce anything on my Web group.

Frankly, the news is a bit shocking.

the DVD release of Live and let Live

When, in 2028?

Surely the truth is that Andy Revell and Clive Mitten now have full-on careers in areas far from music and there's a limit to what they can do and do well...or really want to do at this stage of their lives, which is surely a good thing, and certainly better than going out and playing your first album/classic album/only album (and early B-sides) to an ever-dwindling audience.

Can't be cheap, renting a theatre at the Barbican/Guild Hall...I think it must have been quite an expensive 'thank you' for them.

It was great to see Devoil-Mitten-Revell playing together, again, and I thought the webcast was really nicely done, including that long opening with the pictures of Geoff at Reading...

Very true. And Andy S told me that he still wants to be active in the music biz, or something to that effect. I didn't read between the lines at the time, but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Very true. And Andy S told me that he still wants to be active in the music biz, or something to that effect. I didn't read between the lines at the time, but who knows?
    I saw him supporting Pendragon and the material he played hinted at a strong solo album. He is also in Clive Nolan's "Alchemy".