Thread: Jerry Garcia - Cats Under The Stars

Jerry Garcia - Cats Under The Stars

My first Jerry Solo purchase and also my favorite. The "proggy" cover led me to give it a shot and I wasn't disappointed. The title track and "Rueben and Cherise" are two
    of my favorites. The record has such an uplifting vibe that's perfect to be played on a sunny day..Any fans????

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I liked this album but its been a while since I listened to it. To me, a few of these songs sound like they were recorded during the Terrapin Station sessions, replete with GD's reggae-ish acoutrama of that period. In fact, Jerry might have been holding out on the the band at this point because overall, I think I like this album better than Terrapin Station.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

For me Garcia - more in the Dead byr still also ot of it - has become a relatively late in life all consuming pleasure. I'm embarrassed to suggest how much I hae spent on Dead and extracurricular stuff including box sets like the recent Spring 1990 (The Other One) , capturing perhaps the last great Grateful Dead tour. But then I think about how much pleasure I get and that it'll last as long as I do, and I stop being embarrassed....

If you've not done so, the recent GarciaLive series has captured some great shows across his solo career, and come highly recommended....

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    For me Garcia - more in the Dead byr still also ot of it - has become a relatively late in life all consuming pleasure. I'm embarrassed to suggest how much I hae spent on Dead and extracurricular stuff including box sets like the recent Spring 1990 (The Other One) , capturing perhaps the last great Grateful Dead tour. But then I think about how much pleasure I get and that it'll last as long as I do, and I stop being embarrassed....

If you've not done so, the recent GarciaLive series has captured some great shows across his solo career, and come highly recommended....
    Have you heard Veteran's Hall '78??? I was eyeing that one

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Have you heard Veteran's Hall '78??? I was eyeing that one
    Heard 'em all. Definitely worth having, IMO.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I like this album but haven't heard it since the 80s.