Thread: Drive By Truckers

Drive By Truckers

Curious what people think of this band? They were just announced at our local theater and I am thinking about going to see them. Their music is pretty different from just about anything else I listen to, but I bought one of their albums after it was named one of the best of the year by Classic Rock magazine a few years ago and really like it. Anyone seen them live?

Greasy Truckers Live at Dingwalls?

No?

Sorry, never heard of 'em.

I've been a fan of these guys since the debut album. I've also seen them live and they put on a hella good show. They give it their all -- you'll get great effort, thought provoking songs and plenty of good old southern rock guitar. These guys are doing contemporary southern rock the way it should be done.

Quote Originally Posted by FrippWire View Post
    I've been a fan of these guys since the debut album. I've also seen them live and they put on a hella good show. They give it their all -- you'll get great effort, thought provoking songs and plenty of good old southern rock guitar. These guys are doing contemporary southern rock the way it should be done.
    They seem to be really good at “storytelling” type of songwriting (for lack of a better word).

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    They seem to be really good at “storytelling” type of songwriting (for lack of a better word).
    No better word needed. You nailed it. Great storytellers indeed.