Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sanguine Hum - Now We Have Light Promo

Sanguine Hum - Now We Have Light Promo

It's new album time from the guys - woo hoo!

And it's a double CD - woo hoo again!

And it's a concept album - jeez...

... only kidding!

Here's a 5 minute promo with some nice clips (or is that "camples"?) - I'm really looking forward to this one!

What if the Hokey Cokey really IS what it's all about?

I'm also looking foward to this. "Weight of the World" was really first rate.

The album is fab, I'm playing it a lot at the moment in the office

Those little clips of music are dynamite. The real vibes are going to be a treat. It's clear that Matt Baber is a fan of that texture.

Thanks Superted for posting!

Yeah...thanks to Ruth, vibes are all over the place in our stuff. So it was great to have an actual legitimate vibes player for some of the tracks rather than samples. And Jim is an insanely good musician.

Matt.

A concept double album with a cat on the cover. Only a damn fool wouldn't be happy.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

Anticipated!
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I always really, really liked the sound of Sanguine Hum, and am therefore looking forward to this.
    SymfoZone progressive rock radio show: www.symfozone.com

Can't wait, really.

Just listened to this promo, which was actually the first time I'd heard anything by Sanguine Hum.

Judging by the clips, this sounds like it's going to be a brilliant collection of music. Definitely hear and appreciate the Zappa influence.

I'm sold! Will be pre-ordering for sure.

It's going to be a killer record, guaranteed. Just brilliant etc
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Just listened to this promo, which was actually the first time I'd heard anything by Sanguine Hum.

Judging by the clips, this sounds like it's going to be a brilliant collection of music. Definitely hear and appreciate the Zappa influence.

I'm sold! Will be pre-ordering for sure.
    If you don't know the band and like what you hear you might want to listen to Weight of the World, I think it's a fair representation of the bands sound

Wow those clips sound fantastic! Love the style and composition. Auto-buy for sure

There are no vinyl plans for this - are there?
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Not unless it sells very well indeed on Cd, we tend to do vinyl on reissues where we know what the market will be or on new albums where we are pretty sure from a bands previous sales we will sell a minimum of 750 copies on vinyl. It's expensive to manufacture and store.

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
    If you don't know the band and like what you hear you might want to listen to Weight of the World, I think it's a fair representation of the bands sound
    Thanks Vicky! I think I'll do just that.

Just found this on YouTube, my favourite track from their last album "Weight of the World" . If a bigger name had done it, I reckon it would be declared genius!!!!

I purchased Weight of the World upon reading many positive posts right here a while back. Voted best record of the year when it was released
    Anyway, this was probably the best new band I listened to since picking up my first Flower King record many moons ago.
    I was a bit disappointed their catalog was so small. When will this be available?

It's out Feb 23rd. Technically our catalogue is a bit larger than it seems as our previous projects with (mostly) the same line up go back to 2002 ish. Antique Seeking Nuns is a more zappa/Canterbury tinged band...we play some of that stuff on the Sanguine Hum live album. Joff Winks Band was basically the Nuns with a bit more song writing and actually is pretty close to being Hum like Then there's Nunbient which was ambient/electronica type instrumental stuff. Most of that is available to stream on band camp if you want to explore!

http://troopersforsound.com/catalogue/

Matt.

^^^

There's also the fact that Weight of the World has more than just a few nods back in the direction of the Antique Seeking Nuns material. Something which made me personally very happy to discover.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    ^^^

There's also the fact that Weight of the World has more than just a few nods back in the direction of the Antique Seeking Nuns material. Something which made me personally very happy to discover.
    If you like us nodding back to the Nuns then you're gonna LOVE the new one

Quote Originally Posted by Troopers For Sound View Post
    Exactly why I wrote that - hoping you'd answer with this ^!

Not even bothering with the promo.. this is auto-buy for me. I've really been impressed with this band. After not thinking they would be for me, they have become one of my favorite modern Prog bands. Really looking forward to this new one.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Troopers For Sound View Post
    Not too much I hope. Your writing has come leaps and bounds since those days! Never go backwards.
    Last edited by Oreb; 01-19-2015 at 02:32 AM.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

Worry not Oreb...it's pretty much the same level of influence as on Weight. Just double length