Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King Crimson - Top Of The Pops - Cat Food (March, 1970)

Quote Originally Posted by rael74 View Post
    I don't think this is actually a German broadcast.
    The girl he speaks to is English - She confirms the band and song name in an southern English accent.
    It more than likely to be the actual BBC TOTP episode which probably included a German 'guest' presenter,
    who is obviously being pitched as a sort of spoof 'dumb' presenter (hence his obviously comic appearance)

And as for the lass on the right with her tits half hanging out, it's a good job Jimmy Savile wasn't the presenter....
    No, I'd definitely say this was a German re-broadcast, the cutting between the two sources is quite distinct. If you watch old editions of Musikladen/BeatClub it is not unusual for the presenters to speak in English from time to time....maybe they sought to sell the stuff abroad....after all there were often British and American acts on there.

On the back of that I did a bit of googling and strangely enough, it was Savile who introduced this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    No, I'd definitely say this was a German re-broadcast
    It may be a German rebroadcast, I still think this entire original clip is from Top of The Pops,
    the girl talking has an English (possibly Essex) accent. Are you suggesting she was in Germany?!
    It has the logo superimposed at the start and the cut from the presenter into Crimso is fine
    and very typical of the time (a blur into focus shot)

Shame it aint Savile though - although the host does seem to make reference to the girl's 'revealing' dress.
    Could anyone speaking German help to clarify the origins of this clip??

The presenter seems to suggest he's saying "Here I am in Top of the Pops BBC" - It is NOT German footage with a cut to the BBC clip.

^^
    It's "Hits a Go Go" a German - Swiss television co production.

The Music Clips are from TotP. The rest has Swiss or German hosts in the TotPs Studio
    with the original TotP GoGo girls.

Same here... That must have been tough! (Keith Tippett miming his piano part)
    Still alive and well...

The girl saying Cat Food gave me a little wood.
    Still alive and well...

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    OK, now where's the Groon video?

Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    The girl saying Cat Food gave me a little wood.
    That's what Jimmy Savile said.

Quote Originally Posted by rael74 View Post
    The presenter seems to suggest he's saying "Here I am in Top of the Pops BBC" - It is NOT German footage with a cut to the BBC clip.
    I've had it confirmed to me from someone who's a bit of an expert on these TOTP discoveries that the German language link was definitely filmed in the TOTP studios. Seems that they did this occasionally, which explains the girl who I initially thought might be Sonja Kristina! There's now a cleaned up version on YT with the introduction removed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2eC2dUZwzY

Everything that was will eventually be again. Weird, eh?
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"