Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Steven Wilson North American Tour

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by infandous View Post
    Harrisburg tickets secured for me as well

However, since no one has mentioned it, Guthrie Govan and Marco Minniman are NOT doing the the US shows. No word yet on who is filling in. I guess they are making The Aristocrats tour their priority. This is a bit disappointing, but I have no doubt Wilson will find stellar players to fill in.
    In another thread there's a claim that it's been announced that it will be John Wesley and Chad Wackerman. No Theo.

Albany - Center L. This should be great. Bummed about Marco & Guthrie not on the US tour, but I am sure Wilson will have great replacements lined up

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    In another thread there's a claim that it's been announced that it will be John Wesley and Chad Wackerman. No Theo.
    I heard differently about the guitarist who is definitely a killer choice. Official announcement on Monday.

Any hints out there when the D.C show at 9:30 goes on sale?
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Sorry, don't know -- my friend is the big Steven Wilson fan, he's part of the fan club and everything, so he always takes care of those tickets.
    rcarlberg: Is there anything sadder than a song that has never been played?
    Plasmatopia: Maybe a song in D minor that has never been played?

bob_32_116: That would be a terrific triple bill: Cyan, Magenta and Yello.

trurl: The Odyssey: "He's trying to get home."

Dave Kilminster on guitar, and Craig Blundell on drums.

From Steven's FB page:

"I’m very happy to announce that I will be starting the Americas leg of the Hand. Cannot. Erase. tour with a show in Chile at the Teatro Cariola in Santiago on 8th May.

This will also be the first show with a changed band line up, as Guthrie Govan (Official) and Marco Minnemann will be departing at the end of the European tour to fulfill touring commitments with their own band The Aristocrats. These 2 guys were always going to be a very hard act to follow, but I’m very pleased to introduce two world class British musicians in the shape of Dave Kilminster on guitar, and Craig Blundell on drums.

Many of you will know that for the last 8 years Dave has been the principal guitar player in the Roger Waters band (if you saw The Wall show you will have seen him on top of the Wall playing the solo at the end of Comfortably Numb!), while Craig has primarily concentrated on being an international clinician for Premier Drum Co, Roland U.S. and and Paiste. Both are extraordinarily gifted musicians and I’m honoured to welcome them to the SW band."

Dave Kilminster -- that's huge! I'm very happy with that. I don't know Craig Blundell, though. Sure it will be a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by RonToon View Post
    I heard differently about the guitarist who is definitely a killer choice. Official announcement on Monday.
    Yup, that's what I was told last week hence the "killer" hint. Roger Waters nicknamed Dave K as the Killer on his Wall tour.

Got my tix on Friday for the Friday NYC show, front row on the right side. Should be a good time!

Mike

Bob (aka Bobg56) and I got tickets to see Steven Wilson in New York at the Saturday night show. We are center section fourth row.

Library Jon

Albany Row A center seats in hand.

No woodwind player on this tour? I wonder what that means for those songs from The Raven.

Quote Originally Posted by Wah3 View Post
    Albany Row A center seats in hand.

No woodwind player on this tour? I wonder what that means for those songs from The Raven.
    I interviewed Steven Wilson yesterday & he told me Theo would guest on more than just the London date. I guess this means at least several of the UK dates. Beyond that, I'm not sure.
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

I will be at NY Best Buy Theater show...

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    de-ja-vu.
    well, proven to not be so de-ja-vu-ish...despite the back-2-back Chicago shows, his band goes to Madison after that and then comes to Minneapolis by some miracle.

Varsity Theater Sunday June 7th.

tix go on sale this Friday

https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/777153

fuck yeah!

It feels a bit weird for me: the CD is not yet released, but the tour is already scheduled. Am I the only one with this feeling?
    I'm the one that doesn't dig unfamiliar prog music from the concert. I need to listen to it from the CD to absorb it.
    I also hope that 2015 tour video clips design would be a bit less gloomy and have less scary freaks and dead bodies. Those clips from that Lasse guy were horrible, IMHO.
    So, I won't rush to buy a ticket until I get the CD and some concert reviews.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I love hearing music live before I have the cd, makes it really fresh.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I love hearing stuff live before it's recorded too, but that way does drive some people batty. Personally, regarding the videos, I'd like more scary freaks and dead bodies please, lol! Can't imagine it being too upbeat, given the subject matter. We shall see.

neil

chalkpie
    Re: live video - I hope he continues with the Disney theme myself, actually Disney princesses to be specific.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Re: live video - I hope he continues with the Disney theme myself, actually Disney princesses to be specific.
    Frank, where you able to view my PM reply? Got a chance to see him in Madison later this year, should be a good'n.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Booba Kastorsky View Post
    It feels a bit weird for me: the CD is not yet released, but the tour is already scheduled. Am I the only one with this feeling?
    I'm the one that doesn't dig unfamiliar prog music from the concert. I need to listen to it from the CD to absorb it.
    I also hope that 2015 tour video clips design would be a bit less gloomy and have less scary freaks and dead bodies. Those clips from that Lasse guy were horrible, IMHO.
    So, I won't rush to buy a ticket until I get the CD and some concert reviews.
    It was the same with The Raven, wasn't it? The tour began very close to street date.

I uses my only comment, as someone fortunate to have had access to the album for a few weeks now,is just go: you won't ne disappointed. This continues Wilson's seemingly relentless upward trajectory, though it is an album that takes a few listens to truly absorb as there's so much to it.and separating out any piece is really not right, even though I know it must be done; this is an album to be absorbed in its entirety.

New show added - 5/31/15 Wilmington, DE Grand Opera House. Bizarre, my home state.

I don't wait for his records to hit the street before i buy tickets. But given his unfortunate pattern of changing the live bands, that alone, has given me a little pause. But I doubt he'd have a band that couldn't deliver the goods. Every live show I've seen him perform has left me slack jawed. He doesn't disappoint live, neither do the rest of the band. So, that being said, Im a little anxious about the new drummer, as i was a little hesitant to see Wackerman replacing Minnemann, time will tell.

You can check out Craig Blundell on you tube, or his facebook page. I don't think you will have any worries. YMMV though.

Show announced for June 11 at the Mesa (AZ) Arts Center. Tickets go on sale for MAC members tomorrow, non-members Feb 23 at 10 AM.
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-