Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beatles, Ringo, and 'playing live'

Quote Originally Posted by mogrooves View Post
    According to Peter Brown--and others iirc--McCartney re-recorded drum parts on some of the The White Album after Ringo left the studio, prompting him to "quit" the band .... temporarily. Evidently, McCartney was just insufferable.
    This is another one of those silly Beatles myths. It didn't happen.
    And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

According to Peter Brown--and others iirc--McCartney re-recorded drum parts on some of the The White Album after Ringo left the studio, prompting him to "quit" the band .... temporarily. Evidently, McCartney was just insufferable.
    I think 'Back In The USSR' was the straw that broke the camel's back...albeit temporarily.

George Harrison had similar problems around the same time, 'Hey Jude' was one example (hinted at in the famous 'Let It Be' row, if you listen).

However, for all that, it has seemed to me that Paul McCartney was the one of the main writers who most wanted the band to stay together. I thought that bit of film in that Scorcese documentary on George was very telling- I think it was around the mid 70s and they seem to be dissolving the band, and he really looks saddened by it.
    Last edited by JJ88; 01-04-2015 at 04:48 PM.

Peter Brown is wrong, as he was on many other items in his book, "The Muck You Rake."

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Olesen View Post
    This is another one of those silly Beatles myths. It didn't happen.
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    I think 'Back In The USSR' was the straw that broke the camel's back...albeit temporarily.
    Not quite. Ringo left the band because of the constant bickering. "Back in the USSR" was recorded after he quit. The other three eventually convinced Ringo to come back and had flowers waiting for him when he returned.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"