Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Screw the length, what's the best epic of the 70's?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    How is Cinema Show more epic than TMB?

For me an epic is more about the feel of the track(specifically the changes it goes through and arrangements)more than song length. They might be more or less the same length but Cinema Show feels more like an epic to me.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Personally, yes. Because you agree with them.

Personally I'd rather read through posts that weren't at all time solely concerned with the object of self-confirmation. Now if you imposed a ban on musical threads about the "big six" for two weeks, I can just as *personally* guarantee you that you'd have a bunch of people discussing Steve Howe's toenails and Peter Gabriel's secret thing with miniskirts rather than approach something new to themselves within actual music. Or perhaps just resort to discussing all the artists whose valeur rests on sounding like those usual suspects of course.
    Did you write for Rolling Stone in the 70s ?
    The Path is Clear

Quote Originally Posted by Ripples View Post
    Did you write for Rolling Stone in the 70s ?
    No, for Vanity Fair.

In the mid-30s, that is.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Here's an odd choice, but one of my favorite 'epics'; Harry Chapin - Sniper.
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life