Thread: How to "embed" a Bandcamp album?

How to "embed" a Bandcamp album?

Hello,
    Can someone tell me how? Thank you!

Bob

There is an admin post with instructions that I found by searching (was just looking for it yesterday). But I saved the instructions which are:

How to embed BANDCAMP Albums In Your PE Posts
    See below. You can now embed a Bandcamp album in your post. You can play it, and you can even buy it - directly from PE.

BUT -Bandcamp does not make it easy to do this.

Every Bandcamp album has a unique number, and you will not find it anywhere on the album's normal page. If there was an easy way to find the number, it would be easy to embed Bandcamp albums. But instead, you have to jump through hoops to find the number.

Here's how you find it:

- Go to Bandcamp, and bring up an album.

- Under the picture of the album cover, you'll see a link saying "Share / Embed". Click that.

- Now click "Embed this album"

- Select any of the options, then you'll see a text box containing code that looks something like this:

<iframe style="border: 0; width: 350px; height: 470px;" src="https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=2628475075/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/tracklist=false/transparent=true/" seamless><a href="https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com/album/harvest-aorta">Harvest Aorta by Ephemeral Sun</a></iframe>

- The album number is in the code, where it says "album="... (see the bold text above).

- Back in PE: Either enter BC tags, or "Go Advanced" then click the BC tag, and insert that number - so it looks like this :
    [ BC]2628475075[ /BC ]
    (...without the spaces.)
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"
    Thumpermonkey - How I Wrote The French Lieutenant's Woman

"I'm content to listen to what I like and keep my useless negative opinions about what I don't like to myself -- because no one is interested in hearing those anyway, and it contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation."
    aith01

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Drake View Post
    Thank you Geoff!
    Glad to have been of assistance
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"

"I'm content to listen to what I like and keep my useless negative opinions about what I don't like to myself -- because no one is interested in hearing those anyway, and it contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation."
    aith01

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff O'Donoghue View Post
    There is an admin post with instructions that I found by searching (was just looking for it yesterday). But I saved the instructions which are:
    (...)
    A few days ago someone else asked the same question in another (Canterbury-related) thread and like you I tried to find that old post I knew was posted some years ago.
    I couldn't find it so typed in short how it should be done, but it's cool to have the original post in a seperate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    A few days ago someone else asked the same question in another (Canterbury-related) thread and like you I tried to find that old post I knew was posted some years ago.
    I couldn't find it so typed in short how it should be done, but it's cool to have the original post in a seperate thread.
    I thought the instruction post was one of those "pinned" ones (or whatever the nomenclature is). But then I couldn't even remember how to view those posts.

aith01

I allways forget how to do it - so thanks!

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Buy it some flowers and open a nice bottle of wine, and you never know...