Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Genesis: Best live version available of The Lamb?

Quote Originally Posted by jkleban View Post

I can only guess that this was a desk recording that was added to later by someone?
    Jim
    If it has overdubs then it would have to be a multi-track tape. A "desk" recording would be, at best, stereo, and you wouldn't be able to do overdubs or remix later.

As far as who the "someone" is, it would have to be the band themselves, wouldn't it? I mean, who else is going to have access to the multi-track tape?

My first Genesis concert was 1/22/75,Berkeley,Ca. Does anyone know if that show was recorded? I would love to have it no matter the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    My first Genesis concert was 1/22/75,Berkeley,Ca. Does anyone know if that show was recorded? I would love to have it no matter the quality.
    Yes it was recorded. I have it on cd. The title is "Twilight Alehouse". The cd is from West Germany and the label is Flashback World Productions 10-89-0109. Unfortunately it is only 1 cd. One would think the whole show was recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mt. Pleasant Farm View Post
    Yes it was recorded. I have it on cd. The title is "Twilight Alehouse". The cd is from West Germany and the label is Flashback World Productions 10-89-0109. Unfortunately it is only 1 cd. One would think the whole show was recorded.
    Yes, the full soundboard show is out there, and the only issue with it is a couple of missing minutes of "Musical Box" (it also has the complete "Watcher"). This was the show right before the famous Shrine Auditorium gig.

As for that "Twilight Alehouse" disc, if you're talking about the one that actually has the song "Twilight Alehouse" (which of course was not played on the Lamb tour), that is simply a CD version of the old "As Though Emerald City" boot LP, which was a Dutch radio broadcast of the Shrine gig, not the Berkeley show.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I have a (soundboard) version titled: Lamb Lies Down Live- American Tour Early 1975 which has (iirc) every track but In The Rapids. It's quite possibly the worst sound quality of any live recording in my collection (and I own Twelfth Night's Live and Let Live). Nonetheless, it was free (thanks, Progeezer!), so I ain't exactly complaining.
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold

Quote Originally Posted by thos View Post
    Wow! that is a really awesome Waiting room! Nice recording too. It sounds like there's post production on the Waiting room vocals and also alot of added sounds. Does anyone know if this is all live and if so, how they were producing those sounds? I'm gonna have a closer listen to this one when I have time. Nice drum sound too!
    I remember the first time I heard this specific version of the song. Absolutely blown away. By far the "definitive" version of the Avant-Garde piece.
    Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care... Frank Zappa